1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Look goes on...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Knightley, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

My polo wardrobe is 90% Fred Perry. The 10% left are split between PRL - nice colors but i hate the logo, they were presents -, John Smedley, and Uniqlo Button Down polos that could have been interesting for the challenge if i had worn a jacket; i think a BD polo under a jacket is a bit more 'dressed' than a classic one. I am not totally convinced by the BD collar on a polo though, that's why i only bought cheap Uniqlo ones.

2. The Saint

The Saint Senior Member

Probably , the majority of my polos are ltalian but like you l do have the FP's and the Smedleys and also a couple of the BD collar ones that you mention but mine are actually Baracuta ones that l got quite cheap in TKMAXX because like you l'm also unconvinced by a BD collar on a polo shirt . .

3. covskin

covskin Distinguished Member

Two Sunspel - one light, one dark. Heading towards one FP, has to be dark.

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

I prefer the plain ones (without piping) as you know. I noticed two 'new' colors in their recent offerings : olive, and beige. Not really dark but different.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Nice weather here. First outing of the year for a ss Madras shirt.

Madras G_opt copie.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019

6. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Distinguished Member

I like the look of those MrK.
    I don't have a pair of brown or burgundy brogues in smooth leather and I was considering buying the AS Shoreditch in a sale,however after thinking about it I have realised that although brogues are my favourite type of shoe I now wear boots (brogue or chukka type) more often in the winter and loafers more often in the summer.
    I am now thinking about clothes that I like and buy and clothes that I buy and actually wear.

7. cerneabbas

I have bought a couple of MiE FPs in the last few weeks,a plain navy one from Ebay at a good price and a light blue with navy and white piping,unless I see any MiE,MiJ FPs or possibly RLs at bargain prices in colours that I like my polo buying is done for 2019.
    I do like the LS Lands End polos under a crew neck jumper in cooler weather.
    I was surprised by how good the BD collar on my RL BD polo is,it was stupidly expensive though thankfully I have never seen them in any other colours that I liked so I haven't been tempted to buy more.

8. cerneabbas

Winter is back here so its jumpers and jackets again.

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Still good and sunny here... so it is another day in suede bomber, Madras shirt, Chino, and Pennies...

10. cerneabbas

I don't know who chooses FP colours,I thought that a plain one in light blue or royal or red might have been a good idea but instead we get olive or camel,as you say its different but not what I want for the summer.
    I notice that they have done another collaboration with Arktis,more camo, again not for me.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Yes, not for me either, even if they look good. Not age appropriate IMO.

A plain red would be nice indeed. I've said it before, the first FP i had in 1980 was a 3b plain red with a white laurel. IIRC it was made in Belgium !

I regret a MiE Plain Yellow they did two years ago. I should have bought it!

12. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Distinguished Member

Yes, it is important to make that distinction. One that I often struggle with, sometimes buying things that are nice to own (like my Tricker's velvet slippers) but which get very little wear...

13. covskin

covskin Distinguished Member

Handy for overnight sittings in the House of Lords perhaps?

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

The Brexit Goes On...

15. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Distinguished Member