1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Look goes on...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Knightley, Mar 13, 2014.

1. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Distinguished Member

I have always thought that we shouldn't write off shops entirely,there are occasionally good items to be found in M&S still but much less than years ago,they seemed to see Next as their competition and tried to undercut them in a race to the bottom.Next are mostly [email protected] but they do sell some interesting stuff online.Charles Tyrwhitt is another one,I don't like most of their stuff but I did find a coat there a couple of years ago.
    I like the J Crew BDs and if they are in a sale they are a good buy,I will have to check out their Chinos when I go to London next.

2. cerneabbas

I feel like that about Next and Debenhams,I just cant be bothered going into their shops now,I look online occasionally but Debenhams have gone downhill fast over the last few years.
    I forgot about the J Crew collaborations,i managed to find a Gitman/J Crew BD on Ebay a couple of years ago,no one else bid and I got it dirt cheap probably the only gitman that I will ever buy because they are really expensive shirts here,good quality though.

3. cerneabbas

I have looked at Ben Shermans over the years but they never seemed to make the plain pastel OCBDs that were popular here about 70/71,short or long sleeve versions.
    I think that they are one of the few things that I wore then that I would like to wear now,not especially 'skinhead' even then and I doubt that they could be considered that way now unlike Gingham or bright check versions.
    I will be keeping my eye out for the FP reissues shirt,I prefer the slightly smaller collar and I think that they have got the size spot on in this version.

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Gitman Vintage are my BD shirts of choice now, the ones i've got were all bought at 50% off.
    But i think my favorite shirt is a Gant Hugger (vintage reedition without logo) in 'fluffy oxford', that is the comfier and the more stylish shirt in my possession. Cut, material, and detailing are just perfect.
    The Ratio Clothing shirts that @Botolph mentioned several times seem great too, they are just a bit too complicated for me as you have to order them online, i really prefer to try shirts before buying them as the fit is critical, and as i am tall and slender not easy to find one with a correct length and built at the same time.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS !
    2019.jpg
    Paris will ever be Paris :wink:

6. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Distinguished Member

7. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Distinguished Member

283D4153-A6F2-4268-B4A1-29E591ACEC5C.jpeg Happy New Year guys! Just been looking back over 2018 and putting together a few of my favourite pictures - not all TLGO approved, I am sure!

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

9. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

Why wasn’t the Trucker Jacket Challenge included?

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Well can't tell, it's the 2018 best FCs according to the SF crew i suppose?

11. Man-of-Mystery

Score 1 for the Album Cover.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

The shoe revival is faaaaaaaaarrrrr ahead...

13. Man-of-Mystery

That crowd has no taste.

14. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior Member

“I’m throwing my arms around Paris.” ?

15. Man-of-Mystery

The Inspector said "Paris will ever be Paris," which is the title of this song.