• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that got weird.

For watches, I have my beat-up automatic Timex from '72 or so(my everyday watch), a Hanhart Luftwaffe, a Chopard Mille Miglia, and a Breitling Super Avenger.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics or GTFO as the kids these days say.

Deplorable internet shorthand aside, you have a point, TWD! Sorry, I haven't been able to post from my cell phone for some reason... on the laptop now. Below is from L-R: Timex automatic(c.1976, not '72 or '73), Chopard Mille Miglia, Hanhart Luftwaffe, Breitling Super Avenger.

enhance

I've collected these over the last ten to twelve years, the last one being the Timex on the left(for a princely sum of $18 + postage off eBay). I've been out of the game for the past four years or so, since preparing for and enjoying being a dad... I'd say the Mille is the classiest, the Breitling the most garish, the Hanhart receives the most compliments, and the Timex is the most versatile.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deplorable internet shorthand aside, you have a point, TWD! Sorry, I haven't been able to post from my cell phone for some reason... on the laptop now. Below is from L-R: Timex automatic(c.1976, not '72 or '73), Chopard Mille Miglia, Hanhart Luftwaffe, Breitling Super Avenger.

enhance

I've collected these over the last ten to twelve years, the last one being the Timex on the left(for a princely sum of $18 + postage off eBay). I've been out of the game for the past four years or so, since preparing for and enjoying being a dad... I'd say the Mille is the classiest, the Breitling the most garish, the Hanhart receives the most compliments, and the Timex is the most versatile.
That’s a nice selection there B. I also heavily lean towards ‘sports’ watches and I’m always curious as to what motivates people’s choices.
I sat on a plane next to a lad who had a blue dial Breitling Superocean Heritage on a mesh bracelet. The one with the two side by side sub-dials. I often think Breitlings look way too busy - especially the Nacitimers - but that was a classy looking set up.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Guys, i am surprised you didn't spot the girl on my avatar before…

Oh mon Dieu ! Hai…. Karate !!!
Shiny Shiny, Shiny boots of leather...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ funnily enough it caught my eye a few days ago but didn't click until now, all good clean fun!

The Rolex datejust is looking better and better to me: either blue dial, or white dial with 'roulette wheel' (alternate red and black dates)

9bf37a45fc82f1bf2ad5f3701960eba9--designer-wear-blue-eyes.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
As you can see on my brother's old one it has just the word 'date'.
I remember that it was a bit boring to set the date.

Brown3.JPG

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yes, lots of little variations to ponder upon. I can see why people can get into this

Gsvs5

Reaction score
B2D59BC9-C342-47FA-B8E6-EE98367E609D.jpeg
F1537AD9-6C9B-42EE-BA44-9807D7E5E8C8.jpeg

I hunted for the Omega for some time,but ultimately fell for the Radiomir.No regrets.....
Only that I restrict myself to one .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads