• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Killing time at an airport so...

unusual lining on a Thomas Pink harrington, maybe feels more a 'golf jacket'

Waxed cotton feeling green MA1 in John Lewis

[/

The waxed Cotton (style) MA-1 is quite good. I saw a cheap one (waxed) in MrK favorite shop (Primark) :D last time i was in London (Before the meet up), not bad really for ten quids (or was it fifteen).
MA-1 are back in fashion here for three years. I am still thinking of buying one, but i've got a problem with sizing, as they are doing a lot of models now in a lot of different brands, the fits are all different... Either i find one with a good fit but wrong color and detailing, either i find a good one but not in my size... And i dont wanna buy a used/vintage one, as the cuffs, collar, and waistband dont age well. It has been the occasion of recent discussions with two MA-1 conoisseurs/posters from this thread...

Last edited:

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going off my MA1 after three years! I'll wait to see what happens when the weather changes.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across Feastupon wholesale shoes online,they have a range of Barker shoes including the Nairn (plain) and the Grassington (brogue ) for £62 and £64.
Now as I cant find either style for less than £265 anywhere else whats the catch ?

The last few weeks have been very humid here and the Madras shirts that I bought from Lands End have been ideal, they are sold out in large now but I hope they keep the same style collar next year and I will get another one.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Gents

Do we have any clearer idea about the meetup in November? I'm also asking because Donkey Jacket is planning to come from up north, and if he doesn't make travel arrangements soon train tickets might get too expensive.

I'm happy to help organising if needed.

Cheers!

Edit: I don't quite remember what dates have been suggested, but how's the weekend starting Fri 11 Nov or Fri 18th Nov for everybody?

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents

Do we have any clearer idea about the meetup in November? I'm also asking because Donkey Jacket is planning to come from up north, and if he doesn't make travel arrangements soon train tickets might get too expensive.

Cheers!

Edit: I don't quite remember what dates have been suggested, but how's the weekend starting Fri 11 Nov or Fri 18th Nov for everybody?

We didn't really settle anything when we met in July. I got the feeling it may be too soon for some. I should be ok on Friday the 18th.

Did you want to put a similar post on M to S and see what response we get? I know @Aces and Eights is up for it and @Inks I think.

Last time in November we met at the Metropolitan at Baker Street station and went to John Simons afterwards.

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
I think the 18th would be the better option, more time to sort things out.

Last edited:

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents

Cheers!

I won't be able to make it, but will gladly come down (up?) next summer.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

Thritto!(???
1f604.png
???)

Would be really cool to meet you mate, if you plan to go to England next summer, let us know and we will arrange the meet up date...

PS and if you drop in Paris, let me know !

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics