• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, there has been some talk about a meet-up in London in July.

I am certainly keen to do something. Which weeks are best for you - and which to avoid (holidays etc)?

I know @Paint House Gang from Toronto is keen to join us this time and I'll PM him.

We have had two gatherings so far and, just as a reminder, here is a pic from the last one in November taken by MoM:

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never wore dm shoes when I was a skinhead, only in my mid-20s when I was feeling a bit wistful for it all, so have gone for these for wearing with jeans/rain instead of my Solovair boots (which I really enjoy wearing again but which are - perhaps! - a step too far). Much better looking than the 'Herr Docktor Martens' equivalent (that I don't even want to post an image of!)

http://www.rufflander.co.uk/shop/heritage-footwear/9954-solovair-shoes/

Update: they finally! arrived but are not as in the photo. SR150A - these bastards with ugly padded cuff and not very graceful arc

So they are going back. And apparently SR150A are extra wide too, the final ******* indignity.

Last edited:

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a shame - the first photo, whatever it is, is good-looking for a dm shoe.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross post from the classic menswear casual style over on CM.

Might have been a good entry for last week's Friday challenge. I have no interest in this week's.

2udyo04.jpg

Polo / Kamakura / no name / Relco / Polo

Looking good but no bow tie?

I'm a bit bored with the FCs and haven't even looked at this week 's. Your outfit should have done very well in last week's.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers Mr. K

I'm envious I'm too far away to make your occasional meet ups. Maybe one day?

Ditto. I'm usually in England or somewhere in the UK at least once a year but there's nought in the 2016 books for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics