1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Look goes on...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Knightley, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Lads, seriously, jackets with quilting? They look inside-out to me!

2 people like this.
  2. Man-of-Mystery

Always been partial to my own family tartan.

[​IMG]

My daughter had a skirt in that. I certainly have a scarf.

I also rather like the Edinburgh University tartan.

[​IMG]

Campbell of Argyll is quite nice too.

1 person likes this.
  3. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I think that P.o.W check is derived from a tartan ? I always like the light blue overcheck on pale grey.

I got a Lyle and Scott lambswool scarf a couple of years ago,its a blue tartan of their design,I just looked on their website and they have different designs now,one is based on Black Watch which I also think looks good.

Also on the LS website is an article about wearing to much navy blue (Covskin mentioned this a while back) apparently you need to buy Lyle and Scott clothes and socks in different colours to break the navy up, its amazing.

2 people like this.
  4. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Funny, those folk you describe sound like a more temperate-weathered version of the privileged Nantucket set. Technicolor nightmare. My retinas are receding in fear of having such colors burned into them forever.
    Question: does your Bruar jacket have working cuffs? Good charity shop score, by the way!

2 people like this.
  5. Man-of-Mystery

I score OODLES of stuff from the shop, if I'm there at the right time - sheepskin coat, whistle-and-flute, ties, pocket squares, a Pierre Cardin shirt in its packaging, tweed jackets from Bruar, Daks, & Brook Taverner. Same as the two recent times I visited John Simons. I'm a regular golden-bollocks!

Working cuffs? As in: do the buttons do up? No, they're for show. But it does have the lapel tab that fastens across... for when one's on one's hunter and the weather gets a trifle chilly, don'tcha know! :D

2 people like this.
  6. covskin

covskin Senior member

^ you put me in mind of Sir Iain Moncreiffe of that Ilk, the Scottish heraldic pundit who used to appear on tv talking deferentially about 'the royal child' or how things had been this way 'since time immemorial', etc...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Got a chuckle out of that :D

1 person likes this.
  8. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Senior member

I've found a similar "honey hole" of a goodwill here in San Francisco. It's in a nice neighborhood and I've scored multiple Harris Tweed jackets, FP polos, Gitman shirts and 3 Lyle & Scott made in Scotland jumpers. Brooks Brothers in every conceivable style and fabric. I've become buddies with the Chinese grandmas that work there and they will set items aside for me haha. One of them even turn me on to my new seamstress as it is her sister in law!

1 person likes this.
  9. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Nice!

1. Where are they located?

And

2. Are they open on Sunday?

10. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Senior member

PM Sent [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

i went to the Levi's shop this morning and tried the new leather trucker on...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Nice enough to open the wallet? Looks good on you.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Thanks Cleav… Will probably wait for the sales… But with the devil inside me...

1 person likes this.
  14. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

BTW, i'm by a 501 sign, but i'm wearing LEE jeans [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I bought a 'new' ( as in unworn) but some years old Lyle and Scott lambswool V neck from e bay a while ago, I am very happy with it,definitely hadnt been worn and as a logo hater it had a blue logo the jumper is navy so not to bad.
    The really good thing is that the lambswool is much better quality than on the newer L&S jumpers,like many other things they are not what they used to be....I really wish that I had kept my Arglyle Pringle.
    I think that if you can get the older items you are probably getting better quality than buying whats in the shops now.

2 people like this.
  16. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

Unfortunately it looks like you will have to buy it...why unfortunately ? because its very expensive..but it does look good.

1 person likes this.
  17. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Senior member

I saw some pictures this week of a Royal visit to Canada,the Duchess was looking very fetching in a Safari Jacket ( obviously inspired by Mr K ) I wouldnt mind betting that the Safari Jacket or maybe Safari Suits will be making a big comeback on the High street very soon.

The only other famous person that I have seen wearing anything that I would buy was Bernie Sanders,seems that the BD shirt is his trademark ?

1 person likes this.
  18. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

[​IMG]

19. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

The Leathef Levi bug bit me, too[​IMG]. I nabbed the leather trucker. Very impressive, robust, very cool[​IMG] I know it's not like the old ones with the snaps but I actually like the button-through placket better. Stubby-arms that I am, I had to have the arms shortened two inches, though it was worth it: cuffs buttoned looks clean, and rolled back they stay put. When I return from my travels on Tuesday I'll try and remember to snap a pic.

1 person likes this.
  20. Man-of-Mystery

Nice. I have one very like it.