• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Legend of Ron Burgundy

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok not Ron Burgundy, but another prominent news presenter - Matthew Amroliwala.

Have other UK posters seen this chap on BBC news from 11am - 2pm?

By far and away the best dressed news presenter I have seen, he wears some excellent clothing (at least from the desk up :p)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really?

Matthew_Amroliwala.jpg

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell are you doing watching the news between 11am and 2pm? Do you have a job?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michael Buerk is by FAR the best dressed BBC newsreader.
6a00d83451586c69e20115706f0ada970b-350wi
However, I still prefer Susanna Reid...
susanna.jpg

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
What the hell are you doing watching the news between 11am and 2pm? Do you have a job?

lol...

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
really?

Matthew_Amroliwala.jpg

I did do a google image search before the post, and there are no good images online. His suits are much better than that photo for sure
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster

Actually no! I left my job a month ago and I'm taking time out until about April, to complete further exams
smile.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
Aaah Susanna...
drool.gif

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Susanna Reid is very nice looking. She has that whole posh girl thing going on, without looking too Sloaney.

I do think Sky News has the best looking girls though, they seem markedly more attractive than other news channels.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

However, I still prefer Susanna Reid...

susanna.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
Susanna Reid is very nice looking. She has that whole posh girl thing going on, without looking too Sloaney.

I do think Sky News has the best looking girls though, they seem markedly more attractive than other news channels.

The Sky girls wear a bit too much make up though. Almost as much as the ITN men.
laugh.gif

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sky girls wear a bit too much make up though. Almost as much as the ITN men.
laugh.gif

Haha I have boycotted ITV - far too many trashy programs.

Charlotte Hawkins on Sky News is attractive and usually within acceptable makeup limits
smile.gif

Can you recommend a better looking news channel, with reasonable news coverage HF?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
Can you recommend a better looking news channel, with reasonable news coverage HF?

Nah, not really. But I'll take Susanna Reid over Kay Burley any day of the week!
smile.gif

Mind you, between Adam Boulton's toad-like visage and Andrew Robinson's sterling impersonation of an overstimulated goldfish, both Sky and the BBC have their image problems. Still, that's better than the botox'ed mannequins of ITV.

I do admire BBC3's "News in 60 seconds", but they don't quite reach the journalistic heights of (I think) Robocop's "Give us a minute, and we'll give you the world" ADHD version of information.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The latter girl is certainly attractive, but in a very typical fashion, dare I say typically American fashion.

Susanna Reid looks like she enjoys being beaten by her own over priced wellies
smile.gif
And as such is far more attractive IMO

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
confused.gif

113378598_06dc5bd9bc.jpg

- B

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do admire BBC3's "News in 60 seconds", but they don't quite reach the journalistic heights of (I think) Robocop's "Give us a minute, and we'll give you the world" ADHD version of information.

I watched a Japanese film which had very similar social satire as paul verhoeven's films. I loved Robocop when it was first released in the 80s. It was a cracking game on the Atari too
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads