• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Their new suit/sport coat look good and it looks promising. Would you compare these to Spier and Mackay or suit supply? Do you size up?

Last edited:

Rhodia

Reaction score
Their new suit/sport coat look good and it looks promising. Would you compare these to Spier and Mackay or suit supply? Do you
Is it just me or do the trousers of the latest drop look extremely tight ?
That’s not my impression. If you look at the Ivory or Khaki linen on the model, they are rather loose in the top block. They do taper, but Natalino describes them as such.

Size charts confirm what was mentioned here - the fit is slightly looser than FW22. I wore a 54 in the FW22 Flannel based on their recommendations. I’m going to try a 52 (my usual size) in this season’s trousers, since the measurements (and their size suggestion calculation) put me at a 52.

Fwiw, I’ve found their calculator and size charts to be accurate for all my items - sweater, jeans, and trousers.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Their calculator tells me I should buy 48 in trousers but 30 in jeans, which is a bit weird.
I do wear 48 in trousers usually (though I find I'm really in-between 46 and 48 in Natalino's, and neither fully satisfies me, but I ended up keeping an altered 46), but I usually wear 31 in jeans, though I barely wear jeans in the first place because I don't have any pair that fits me as well as the chinos I have.
I was actually considering sizing up to 32 for better fitting top block and then I'll just have to take in the waist I guess, so the opposite suggestion is even stranger.

It's funny that jeans are supposed to be easy to wear, yet I just haven't been able to find a satisfying fit and they're harder to alter than chinos so that's even worse. Plus good denim nowadays is so expensive that it even costs more than the more "noble" fabrics, which feels very weird if you think about it.

Last edited:

Rhodia

Reaction score
Their calculator tells me I should buy 48 in trousers but 30 in jeans, which is a bit weird.
I do wear 48 in trousers usually (though I find I'm really in-between 46 and 48 in Natalino's, and neither fully satisfies me, but I ended up keeping an altered 46), but I usually wear 31 in jeans, though I barely wear jeans in the first place because I don't have any pair that fits me as well as the chinos I have.
I was actually considering sizing up to 32 for better fitting top block and then I'll just have to take in the waist I guess, so the opposite suggestion is even stranger.

It's funny that jeans are supposed to be easy to wear, yet I just haven't been able to find a satisfying fit and they're harder to alter than chinos so that's even worse. Plus good denim nowadays is so expensive that it even costs more than the more "noble" fabrics, which feels very weird if you think about it.
I find jeans from any brand are the biggest wild cards (and altering jeans is a real pain). I ordered a 36 in Natalino's Raw Denim and I was swimming in them. For reference, I wear 36 in Spier & Mackay trousers (though they are a bit too small) and wore a 38 in Natalino's FW22 Flannel (though I have a 36/52 on the way for this season given the fit change).

I ended up exchanging for a 34 in the jeans and they fit much better. In other words, jeans are much more likely to be vanity sized, even in brands that avoid vanity sizing. That said, I know that Natalino mentions the other washes of their jeans fit slightly smaller, and this is generally the case when moving from raw denim to various other washes.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Anybody try out Natalino’s new suit collection or thoughts on it? I want to give it a try but having a tough time deciding..

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 458

davidazio

Reaction score
Anybody try out Natalino’s new suit collection or thoughts on it? I want to give it a try but having a tough time deciding..

Haven't tried it but think it looks great. Shame they released it so late in the season.. They seem to have a good return policy so trying it out seems pretty low risk if you're interested.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got back from vacation and the shipment was waiting for me over a week. The denim fit is perfect. Couldn't be happier. Might post fit pics over the weekend.

XXL in crew neck is a bit too loose in body and sleeves, XL should work I think.
Got XL in wool turtleneck but couldn't get the head thru the neck opening lol. Did anything like that happen to anyone before? I do not want to push too much to damage anything. Will just return both sweaters.

Denim fits so perfectly I will get the Ecru colorway soon. Is there any chance they do summer sale or something like that? Just so I know if I should wait or not.

Last edited:

Rhodia

Reaction score
Haven't tried it but think it looks great. Shame they released it so late in the season.. They seem to have a good return policy so trying it out seems pretty low risk if you're interested.
It is no longer low risk if you live in the United States. I just paid $125USD to return two Sport Jackets that did not fit. That was via USPS. FedEx, UPS, and DHL all quoted me in the neighborhood of $275-350. Since changing warehouses, Natalino no longer offers DHL Return labels (this was according to Nathan via email).

To be clear: I do not expect free Return shipping from USA to UK. I do expect a reasonable return/restocking fee if a company is going to offer shipping of their goods to a country.

I like Natalino's products a lot. But I certainly will not be experimenting with new fits if they do not change their Return Policy for overseas buyers.

To the suit above (which I purchased):

1) The color is lighter than appears on the model in the picture you posted. I find model pictures generally are less accurate than product shots (for Natalino and others). Either dark or washed out.

2) The trouser fit has changed (back to a previous iteration) as others noted a few days ago. I purchased a 54 in FW22 Flannel and had the waist taken in. I purchased a 36(52) in these Tropical Wool and will be having the waist taken in slightly. My natural waist is around 35". I based my decision on the size chart, which seems fairly accurate.

The fabric is interesting. Natalino mentions it as "heavier" and it does have a certain heft to it, while also being porous. It's not itchy, but it does have the slight "scratch" to it often associated with tropical/fresco fabrics. It is not lined to the knee. Oddly, the fabric seems to cling ever so slightly to my knee caps. You can actually see this in the photos of the model. I like the trousers overall, and I'm keeping them. Will be curious to see how they drape once I have them cuffed.

3) The Jacket, as noted, did not work for me. I have an athletic build -- 6'1" around 195lbs. I'm the same body size as @mossrockss but we are obviously of different proportions. I tried the 52 and it was extremely snug everywhere, especially across the upper back/lat area and the front of the shoulders. I do have decent sized lats, but I'm not a bodybuilder.

The 54 had the Seinfeld-pirate shirt-shoulder issue, and was still snug across the lats.

The real mystery for me is the arms. They are very narrow on my body. Others have talked about the "loose" arms, but that was not my experience at all. Even the forearms on the 54 were snug (akin to the problem some folks mentioned with the denim shirts a few seasons ago).

Very disappointed the Sport Jackets do not fit. I had my eye on at least 3 of them, before I saw the suits. But alas, Natalino's model does not work for my body type. If anyone has sub-$800 Sport Jacket recommendations, I'd happily listen. I'd also hope others will post fit pictures of new jackets. I wonder if this new Tropical Wool is fitting trimmer than past seasons, and I still would love to see the other fabrics (Oyster Hopsack, Gun Club, and Brown Hopsack) in some real life pics.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got back from vacation and the shipment was waiting for me over a week. The denim fit is perfect. Couldn't be happier. Might post fit pics over the weekend.

XXL in crew neck is a bit too loose in body and sleeves, XL should work I think.
Got XL in wool turtleneck but couldn't get the head thru the neck opening lol. Did anything like that happen to anyone before? I do not want to push too much to damage anything. Will just return both sweaters.

Denim fits so perfectly I will get the Ecru colorway soon. Is there any chance they do summer sale or something like that? Just so I know if I should wait or not.
So here is the fit pic of the denim.

IMG_6975.jpeg

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is no longer low risk if you live in the United States. I just paid $125USD to return two Sport Jackets that did not fit. That was via USPS. FedEx, UPS, and DHL all quoted me in the neighborhood of $275-350. Since changing warehouses, Natalino no longer offers DHL Return labels (this was according to Nathan via email).

To be clear: I do not expect free Return shipping from USA to UK. I do expect a reasonable return/restocking fee if a company is going to offer shipping of their goods to a country.

I like Natalino's products a lot. But I certainly will not be experimenting with new fits if they do not change their Return Policy for overseas buyers.

1) The color is lighter than appears on the model in the picture you posted. I find model pictures generally are less accurate than product shots (for Natalino and others). Either dark or washed out.

2) The trouser fit has changed (back to a previous iteration) as others noted a few days ago. I purchased a 54 in FW22 Flannel and had the waist taken in. I purchased a 36(52) in these Tropical Wool and will be having the waist taken in slightly. My natural waist is around 35". I based my decision on the size chart, which seems fairly accurate.

The fabric is interesting. Natalino mentions it as "heavier" and it does have a certain heft to it, while also being porous. It's not itchy, but it does have the slight "scratch" to it often associated with tropical/fresco fabrics. It is not lined to the knee. Oddly, the fabric seems to cling ever so slightly to my knee caps. You can actually see this in the photos of the model. I like the trousers overall, and I'm keeping them. Will be curious to see how they drape once I have them cuffed.

3) The Jacket, as noted, did not work for me. I have an athletic build -- 6'1" around 195lbs. I'm the same body size as @mossrockss but we are obviously of different proportions. I tried the 52 and it was extremely snug everywhere, especially across the upper back/lat area and the front of the shoulders. I do have decent sized lats, but I'm not a bodybuilder.

The 54 had the Seinfeld-pirate shirt-shoulder issue, and was still snug across the lats.

The real mystery for me is the arms. They are very narrow on my body. Others have talked about the "loose" arms, but that was not my experience at all. Even the forearms on the 54 were snug (akin to the problem some folks mentioned with the denim shirts a few seasons ago).

Very disappointed the Sport Jackets do not fit. I had my eye on at least 3 of them, before I saw the suits. But alas, Natalino's model does not work for my body type. If anyone has sub-$800 Sport Jacket recommendations, I'd happily listen. I'd also hope others will post fit pictures of new jackets. I wonder if this new Tropical Wool is fitting trimmer than past seasons, and I still would love to see the other fabrics (Oyster Hopsack, Gun Club, and Brown Hopsack) in some real life pics.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing these insights. Assuming the sport coat you tried was a single breasted one, did you have any thoughts or observations on the current gorge height as it has been debated on here recently that it appears to have been raised this season.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these insights. Assuming the sport coat you tried was a single breasted one, did you have any thoughts or observations on the current gorge height as it has been debated on here recently that it appears to have been raised this season.
Apologies for not taking photos when I had the opportunity.

The gorge height on me was fine. It is, of course, a high gorge and a very wide lapel overall. It certainly was not as high as some of the model photos. It sat on my collarbone, not on the top of my shoulders. That’s said, the gorge is higher it seems to me than your FW21 Gray Herringbone.

IMO, the model is not wearing the jacket right up against his collar (especially in the photo of the Mint Check. FWIW, the Mint Check on both models seems especially high compared to others.)

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps.
Can confirm there is no more free returns also for EU. However shipping back via national post is not that expensive.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Can confirm there is no more free returns also for EU. However shipping back via national post is not that expensive.
Businesses receive better rates than individuals (especially on international shipping, apparently). This is why some type of Return system is required that offers labels and deducts shipping costs from a customer's return.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I can confirm I also spent $85 USD to ship two sport jackets back. Nathan told me that they’re getting things figured out with the new warehouse and they’re hoping to get prepaid return labels like before offered in the future.

I did keep one sport jacket. The glen plaid linen one. I agree the gorge is high, but not like the one picture on the model shows. I don’t mind the gorge height. Rest of the jacket I like a lot. Will be good to wear with jeans and chinos IMO. The shoulder is pretty extended too, something to be aware of. One measured a size down in the chest as well, I sent that one back. Length on all were 0.5-1cm shorter than the size chart (fine with me, I’m short, but others might care).

Overall satisfied with it and looking forward to wearing it once I get the sleeves shortened.

Rhodia

Reaction score
I can confirm I also spent $85 USD to ship two sport jackets back. Nathan told me that they’re getting things figured out with the new warehouse and they’re hoping to get prepaid return labels like before offered in the future.

I did keep one sport jacket. The glen plaid linen one. I agree the gorge is high, but not like the one picture on the model shows. I don’t mind the gorge height. Rest of the jacket I like a lot. Will be good to wear with jeans and chinos IMO. The shoulder is pretty extended too, something to be aware of. One measured a size down in the chest as well, I sent that one back. Length on all were 0.5-1cm shorter than the size chart (fine with me, I’m short, but others might care).

Overall satisfied with it and looking forward to wearing it once I get the sleeves shortened.
Thanks for the feedback. Nathan told me the same regarding the label system.

I'd be curious to hear (and see) your body measurements and the fit of the jacket. I'm still perplexed at how slim it was on me, given the size charts and the fact I went up to a 54 (from my usual 52).

My Spier non-Neo actually has smaller measurements than the Natalino, yet fits noticeably more relaxed. The shoulders, as you note, are extended. But for me, this only resulted in jutting shoulders that were also tight.

And as I noted, the arms were very slim, which bucks the photos I've seen here and online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads