• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the cavalry twill cream trousers from Natalino. My first pair from them and I'm actually quite happy with the make and fit having in mind the price. I think they're great value, just hoping they re-stock the rest of the line-up.

View attachment 1774356 View attachment 1774364
View attachment 1774365

I'd be really grateful for some feedback on the fit. These are a 48. I first took the 50 as this is usually my size and I typically like a fuller leg line but they were huge on me. I think the smaller size here fits better apart from some tightness on the waist which is easily fixable.
Those are some mighty big cuffs. They look larger than 5cm, how big are they?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must be a distortion from the camera angle, they're the standard 5cm.
Perhaps. Anyway, the trousers look very nice!

schraiber

Reaction score
Question for Natalino trouser owners: how should high-rise pants fit? I'm 6'1" and ordered a regular inseam...I have them at or just slightly above my belly button to get a slight break. I've always thought I was short-waisted, but maybe not?

Also, does it take some getting used to wearing pants that high, particularly when sitting? They are pretty comfortable and look great while standing...maybe its just too many years of regular/ low rise pants that's throwing me off.
Can't speak to Natalino but this is my experience with Spier and Mackay high waisted trousers. I basically wear them up at my navel. Looks kinda stupid when sitting, but looks so good when standing. Gotta make some compromises in the name of style ;-)

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the cavalry twill cream trousers from Natalino. My first pair from them and I'm actually quite happy with the make and fit having in mind the price. I think they're great value, just hoping they re-stock the rest of the line-up.

View attachment 1774356 View attachment 1774364
View attachment 1774365

I'd be really grateful for some feedback on the fit. These are a 48. I first took the 50 as this is usually my size and I typically like a fuller leg line but they were huge on me. I think the smaller size here fits better apart from some tightness on the waist which is easily fixable.
Very clean lines. Well done.

Mirage-

Reaction score
It must be a distortion from the camera angle, they're the standard 5cm.
Yeah I noticed it too but was sure it was because of the camera angle, i.e. the camera is very low in that shot, almost level with the cuffs (and we don't generally crawl while looking at other people's cuffs).
By the way, a funny thing is that no alteration tailor wants to make me 5cm cuff here in Rome. They say the standard is 3-3.5cm and 5 is simply too much. I usually push them to 4cm and be happy with that - I'm not tall anyway. But I think you can clearly see the influence that cheap RTW has on the general population.

Last edited:

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed it too but was sure it was because of the camera angle, i.e. the camera is very low in that shot, almost level with the cuffs (and we don't generally crawl while looking at other people's cuffs).
By the way, a funny thing is that no alteration tailor wants to make me 5cm cuff here in Rome. They say the standard is 3-3.5cm and 5 is simply too much. I usually push them to 4cm and be happy with that - I'm not tall anyway. But I think you can clearly see the influence that cheap RTW has on the general population.
I find it bizarre that alterations tailors are that opinionated.

With some patience and a sewing kit, you could hem them yourself though. Turn-ups are obviously harder to achieve than plain bottoms but surely it can be done. I'm definitely no tailor but the way I'd do it is first use the iron to press the fabric of the turn-ups first at the correct width and inseam length, make sure they're all level, then sew them to the hem of the trousers on each side and finally do the stitches on the inside (nice video on that last part by PS on Youtube).

monkey66

Reaction score
Natalino cotton trousers today, full outfit here.
P1020368 copy.jpg

tnd

Reaction score
anyone tall 6'3 have experience with their shirt sleeves? how do they fit on a 15.5? i'm afraid they might be short based on their sizing.

Mirage-

Reaction score
anyone tall 6'3 have experience with their shirt sleeves? how do they fit on a 15.5? i'm afraid they might be short based on their sizing.
I don't have experience with their shirts, however I usually wear 15.5, but I'm 171cm and you're about 190. It's very unlikely it will fit you if the sizes are anywhere near the standard in Italy.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of the new sports jackets yet and can comment on the new cut/maker? Curious to hear how it feels/looks.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
I had two of them for try on. Navy linen and navy linen twill. The first one fitted way better than the linen twill but I didn’t like the color because it was a bit petrolish. Additionally I’m not even sure if I could shorten the arms enough as these are super long.
The pictures are from the linen twill. Maybe I will try another fabric in the future as the standard linen felt way better.
I hoped to get a more laidback jacket which isn’t a strict as the one shown to me feels.

Attachments

• 217BDEBB-3BC6-40AB-85B5-0FE469B646F4.jpeg
    217BDEBB-3BC6-40AB-85B5-0FE469B646F4.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 94A04B21-3071-479F-810E-E771D95F75BB.jpeg
    94A04B21-3071-479F-810E-E771D95F75BB.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

Shetterd

Reaction score
I had two of them for try on. Navy linen and navy linen twill. The first one fitted way better than the linen twill but I didn’t like the color because it was a bit petrolish. Additionally I’m not even sure if I could shorten the arms enough as these are super long.
The pictures are from the linen twill. Maybe I will try another fabric in the future as the standard linen felt way better.

Thank you for sharing! To my mind the new model doesn't look quite as distinctive(?) as the old one. The roll on the old one looked softer and I loved the lower buttoning point!

Mirage-

Reaction score
I hoped to get a more laidback jacket which isn’t a strict as the one shown to me feels.
Wow that's *long*. Did you check the measurements and compare with chart? I get the feeling they have some consistency issues, also given my experience with trousers.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
It was quite long on both jackets but that’s true the linen twill was definitely longer. But I didn’t measure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads