• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Urgh. I've been coveting the hell out of the collar roll of the Natalino polo since I first saw it, but buying from their site isn't an option for me as shipping from the UK to Mongolia hasn't been possible since the pandemic started. Their stuff rarely appears on US eBay, but a NWT black polo in medium just showed up. I don't particularly want it in black and, looking at their size chart, the medium would probably be a touch tight in the chest on me, but I've still been sitting here for the last half hour trying to convince myself that I love black and my chest is magically an inch smaller. Someone go and buy it to remove the temptation, please and thank you :)

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Can someone say something about the fit of their shirts ? Usually wearing Suitsupply shirts in 39/40.

I can only give reference for their trousers. 182cm, 76kg and wearing some more tighter in 30 (nowadays I‘d opt for 32) and now more 32.
Pics show a 32.

Attachments

• 497906FD-64A8-4D7C-A2E5-9FF95699F6A7.jpeg
    497906FD-64A8-4D7C-A2E5-9FF95699F6A7.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 570
  • AECCA755-8739-4C46-88C7-048CAC21CFA8.jpeg
    AECCA755-8739-4C46-88C7-048CAC21CFA8.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 563

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Urgh. I've been coveting the hell out of the collar roll of the Natalino polo since I first saw it, but buying from their site isn't an option for me as shipping from the UK to Mongolia hasn't been possible since the pandemic started. Their stuff rarely appears on US eBay, but a NWT black polo in medium just showed up. I don't particularly want it in black and, looking at their size chart, the medium would probably be a touch tight in the chest on me, but I've still been sitting here for the last half hour trying to convince myself that I love black and my chest is magically an inch smaller. Someone go and buy it to remove the temptation, please and thank you :)

Update: never mind. I lost the battle and bought it :)

R.Elgar

Reaction score
I have become a huge fan of Natalino during the past few months, mainly just because of all the arguments already given in this topic. The quality and fit is simply superb for me. My collection up till now:

- Brown Donegal Tweed jacket
- Stone brushed cotton trousers (single pleated)
- Antracite grey brushed cotton trousers (single pleated)
- Grey herringbone jacket

Yesterday I ordered the grey herringbone trousers, to wear with my grey herringbone jacket as a full suit, which I'm actually really looking forward too! The jacket also works perfectly as a separate sport coat. I wear it with Levi's jeans and a shirt (oxford or dress), or t-shirt, or even with darker grey flannels, a shirt and a tie and my taupe fedora from Tesi.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
I‘m really hoping for an European warehouse as importing from UK isn’t fun right now...
Really diggin the new shirts

monkey66

Reaction score
Anyone got the high-twist fresco trousers from this year? I'm wondering how they fit, if they're fuller like this past AW range.
I got two pairs and come up fuller in Natalino fit (if you know what I mean).

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Anyone got the high-twist fresco trousers from this year? I'm wondering how they fit, if they're fuller like this past AW range.
I have a pair. I’m a tricky fit in trousers and often have to size up to get the correct fit in hips/seat. I took my actual waist size in the high twist and they fit me well. I wouldn‘t go as far as saying they are a full cut, but they’re sufficient for my fat arse. Hope that makes sense.

tgaith77

Reaction score
Has anyone tried some of the recent season's shirts? I have 3 shirts from last season, all of which have, what I'd consider, subtle shirring at the sleevehead. Perfect.

I recently got 2 additional shirts from their current season (shirt label is slightly different, now says Natalino/ Made In Italy). The shirring is far more pronounced, like to the point of a cap/ puffy sleeve. Comparing them to the older models, there is definitely more fabric gathered at the sleevehead. I was originally thinking it was a manufacturing error/ defect, but looking again at website pics, it appears its intentional:

IMG_3409_2024x2024.jpg

I suppose if I looked like the model, I could wear anything...but it looks kinda silly IMO:

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

Am I being overly concerned? Or should I just embrace the Seinfeld puffy shirts?

I just really wasn't expecting that much "flair" when I ordered them.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Has anyone tried some of the recent season's shirts? I have 3 shirts from last season, all of which have, what I'd consider, subtle shirring at the sleevehead. Perfect.

I recently got 2 additional shirts from their current season (shirt label is slightly different, now says Natalino/ Made In Italy). The shirring is far more pronounced, like to the point of a cap/ puffy sleeve. Comparing them to the older models, there is definitely more fabric gathered at the sleevehead. I was originally thinking it was a manufacturing error/ defect, but looking again at website pics, it appears its intentional:

View attachment 1641765

I suppose if I looked like the model, I could wear anything...but it looks kinda silly IMO:

View attachment 1641769
View attachment 1641772

Am I being overly concerned? Or should I just embrace the Seinfeld puffy shirts?

I just really wasn't expecting that much "flair" when I ordered them.
That's far too puffy in my opinion. You can have too much of a good thing.

markphilly

Reaction score
I had the same reaction. However, I felt like it was easier for me to stomach in the linen shirt worn very casually. The collar was also larger than I expected.

Slapdashstyle

Reaction score
Hi,

another Natalino fan! (first posting here)

Nathan's choices of fabrics and design direction do seem to be second to none. His blue Oxford cloth was ideally weighted and in a slubbly finish you'd have to go to Simon Crompton-level of sourcing to match.

His polo shirts, jacket and trouser styles are really on the money in terms of stying, it seems impressive for a company his size to get to that point so soon.

It does seem that as pickergc says, the clothing suppliers have recently switched to 'from Italy' and that has led to some design quirks, including the level of shirring on the armhole, which I also noticed on my recent linen shirt purchase showing the same puffiness as tgaith77's photos.

I did contact Nathan about this, and he was was very responsive and proactive about it.

It seems to have taken the likes of Boglioli until only recent years to show any real consistency in their jacket sizing.
So I reasoned a newish brand like Natalino switching their supply to Italy - more famed for their style than tailoring consistency - probably have to be forgiven a little if their new suppliers got a bit too keen to show off how much spalla they can put in their camicia in the first iteration.

(NB thanks to many here I follow on the ol' Instasham and appreciate getting so much inspiration from)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads