• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Shetterd

Reaction score
I am also a fan. Have a few pairs of their trousers and will no doubt buy more. I tried the bw tweed jacket (I have the trousers and they are great) but sadly the fit was way off for me.

Nathan and the team are a pleasure to deal with.

Cavelery Twill today.

View attachment 1576236

How are you finding the cavalry twill? I considered getting a pair but wasn't sure because they didn't look matte enough and a bit too shiny? But may have been the photography.

monkey66

Reaction score
They are heavy and have a determind drape. I didn't know I would like them this much but I do.

The shinyness is no issue for me, these are strong, sharp trousers and they carry themselves well.

I have reciently ordered the brown, I'm curious too see what they are like.

mbb355

Reaction score
It's not a classic shetland crew neck, wich is more like the one below. The neckline itself is chunkier, as someone else has said, and I think that makes it look more modern? Depends on what you prefer really. It's also shorter, which someone else has noted, which is nice if you wear higher-waisted trousers. I personally really like the colours, but am not sure about the chunkier neckline.

View attachment 1576230
I personally really like the Natalino sweater collar. I like the freedom of wearing sweaters with either a collared shirt or just a t-shirt underneath. A high sweater collar gives me that freedom--if the sweater collar is too low, it looks bad without a collared shirt underneath (particularly because I have a long neck). I'd probably wear a Natalino shetland with casual tailoring like tweed jackets and cotton trousers, but not with sharper tailoring like 100% wool hopsack jackets or cavalry twill/covert wool trousers. But I think I feel that way with most Shetlands because they're fuzzier and more textured, making them more suitable with laid-back ensembles.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the cut of the Natalino trousers with Dapper Classics?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wear 40R in S&M right? What size do you wear in natalino long sleeve polos? I wear 40L and wonder if the sleeves are on the short side...?

Yes, 40R contemporary S&M, 15.5/35 contemporary shirt. I take large in the Natalino polo, they are on the slimmer side, sleeves fit well. No noticeable shrink when washed cold.

I am also tempted by the Shetland sweaters. I don’t know much about shetlands, so please educate me: is this the preferred collar height? I will use it over OCBDs. Cannot make up my mind if the collar looks a bit high.

@Chris-Wearings has the Shetland sweater and can hopefully offer some insight.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, 40R contemporary S&M, 15.5/35 contemporary shirt. I take large in the Natalino polo, they are on the slimmer side, sleeves fit well. No noticeable shrink when washed cold.

Thank you. I typically use 16,5x36 shirts. Will double check the L and XL measurments.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score

I am wearing the nutmeg sweater here over OCBD. If you ask me its just perfect. Collar doesn't look too high IMO. Ribbing around the neck area is a nice detail.

161645110_271665184497748_3470614760903327913_n.jpg

mbb355

Reaction score
I am wearing the nutmeg sweater here over OCBD. If you ask me its just perfect. Collar doesn't look too high IMO. Ribbing around the neck area is a nice detail.

View attachment 1576513
Fully agree and I also like the wide ribbing at the hem. My only slight qualm with the sweaters is the lack of side seams. I suppose the idea is to make the sweater easier, stretchier, and more comfortable. But I think it compromises the shape just a tad. But as I said I really like these sweaters overall.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Regarding the sweater, pleatsandpantina (is he on styleforum?) has a good picture on Instagram worn with tailoring. Might have to retract my statement about it being strange with tailoring. It actually looks tremendous.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Follow up: just received the single pleat stone cotton trousers and the navy Shetland sweater. Very happy with them. Great color, material and fit on both. I will be using these a lot.

Thanks for the input, guys.

tgaith77

Reaction score
Another +1 here for Natalino. The shirts fit perfect OTR for me: long sleeve length, slim but not skinny, higher cut armhole. Really nice tall collar with big Italian-style roll. The button-down collar is probably the closest to Barba that I've seen, but at a much better price point.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Here are some quick pics of the sweater. The color is a bit lighter in real life, a perfect shade of navy IMO.

The fit is boxy/retro, but in a good way. It covers the waistband (with some excess/overlap), so not overly cropped.

The cotton trousers are at the tailor for minor narrowing of the waist. I therefore paired it with the natalino single pleat cavalry twill trouser for fit/silhouette reference.

I am 186 cm, 76 kg. Typically wear 38L jackets and 33 trousers. After discussing with Nathan, I picked a M sweater, which fits great. Trousers are 50R.

Attachments

• 407EBFBE-F599-4F56-802B-EF300BE930A5.jpeg
    407EBFBE-F599-4F56-802B-EF300BE930A5.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 328
  • 1D4C8C1D-DD28-43A0-9B21-ACB40B72934D.jpeg
    1D4C8C1D-DD28-43A0-9B21-ACB40B72934D.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 0C7D8158-DF7B-4EFB-991B-D5F11135F8DA.jpeg
    0C7D8158-DF7B-4EFB-991B-D5F11135F8DA.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 355

mbb355

Reaction score
Here are some quick pics of the sweater. The color is a bit lighter in real life, a perfect shade of navy IMO.

The fit is boxy/retro, but in a good way. It covers the waistband (with some excess/overlap), so not overly cropped.

The cotton trousers are at the tailor for minor narrowing of the waist. I therefore paired it with the natalino single pleat cavalry twill trouser for fit/silhouette reference.

I am 186 cm, 76 kg. Typically wear 38L jackets and 33 trousers. After discussing with Nathan, I picked a M sweater, which fits great. Trousers are 50R.
This looks great, trouser fit in particular. Love those brushed cotton trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads