• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

pickergc

Reaction score
received the raw and washed denim today…now to find chainstitch hemming service :-/

62FE50C1-B992-4983-A9FB-1BAD31767AEF.jpeg

FA09247D-4174-47D2-8D00-0463827F1E86.jpeg

pickergc

Reaction score
Eh, I would buy them as well if I knew *any* place that does it locally in Rome.
Fair, but as I continue to read I’m reminded of how dumb denim heads are. Get them hemmed and be done with it. The gauge of thread is more important to me for aesthetics than the stitch method. Im not a cuffed denim guy so it’s really not worth the headache.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Please show us a pic after arrival ! ☺️
Would definitely love to see fit pics of those of you purchasing sportcoats. I've had my eye on a few, but I'm curious about this armhole discussion.

Spier 42R Contemporary non-Neo fits me perfectly off the rack. A bit concerned how a higher armhole might affect us muscular folks.

Also...when is Natalino dropping more of Spring 23? Their trousers are perfect and I can only wear my flannel so many times a week!

Mirage-

Reaction score
Fair, but as I continue to read I’m reminded of how dumb denim heads are. Get them hemmed and be done with it. The gauge of thread is more important to me for aesthetics than the stitch method. Im not a cuffed denim guy so it’s really not worth the headache.
I'm not a cuffed denim guy either but that's precisely why I think it would look strange with a plain stitch.

pickergc

Reaction score
The chain, yeah, but the puckering that it creates, not really.
Not to hijack this thread on denim;
this will be my last post on the matter. There seem to be a lot of denim-head theories and that don’t make sense, i.e. roping from a specific stitch. Brought to you by the same guys who said freeze your jeans in lieu of washing them.

davidazio

Reaction score
Eh, I would buy them as well if I knew *any* place that does it locally in Rome.

There is a great tailor in Tor Pignattara called Stefan Ivan, who I would ask about this. He might have the machine, and if not might know a place that does.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Oh, just thought I'd mention this here, forgot to at the time. I met up with Nathan for drinks in Florence in January. He was wearing all Natalino, of course. Looked great, but more importantly was a super great guy to hang with and chat with.
View attachment 1914139
View attachment 1914137
Btw I sadly have to reconsider getting their DB I had been eyeing for quite a bit, I think the lapel is excessive even for me - it literally covers the entire chest! And note I absolutely hate the typical high-street tailoring skinny lapel, but this is the other extreme.
Maybe if they tone it down just slightly next year.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the jacket in question today. And I can confirm that the lapels are wide-ish. There's about a quarter to a half inch left to the shoulder seam, which is pushing it. Also, the four bottom buttons at the front are too close to each other vertically. Together with the oversized lapels, it just looks unbalanced.

In terms of fit, the shoulders fit slightly wider than Spier and the armhole is about the same compared to the current Spier cut. Maybe the Natalino is a tad higher, but in no way does thst translate to the jacket being more restricting. They seem to have figured out how to utilise a higher armhole but still keeping the comfort level intact as opposed to Spier last season.

The jacket is going back. So if someone is looking for a size 50, it'll be available again soon.

A12321

Reaction score
Received the jacket in question today. And I can confirm that the lapels are wide-ish. There's about a quarter to a half inch left to the shoulder seam, which is pushing it. Also, the four bottom buttons at the front are too close to each other vertically. Together with the oversized lapels, it just looks unbalanced.

In terms of fit, the shoulders fit slightly wider than Spier and the armhole is about the same compared to the current Spier cut. Maybe the Natalino is a tad higher, but in no way does thst translate to the jacket being more restricting. They seem to have figured out how to utilise a higher armhole but still keeping the comfort level intact as opposed to Spier last season.

The jacket is going back. So if someone is looking for a size 50, it'll be available again soon.
I agree with some of your points. I got a jacket and it just felt off as compared to Spier's fit. I sized down from my normal Spier size based on measurements and that seemed to be the proper size, but the overall way it sat on me just felt unbalanced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics