• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Laundry Day Dilemma

ArtOrSartor

Reaction score
Have you ever found yourself without the necessary element to put together a proper outfit due to circumstances such as having everything at the cleaners, in the wash, etc.?

Several months ago all of my primary gear was still damp or dirty (not dirty, really, but unwashed) and the only thing that I had that I could wear to work was a pair of tan linen pants, a pastel purple shirt and a blue-gray cotton skinny tie. It was embarrassing. Halfway through the day I finally took off the tie, but it didn't help much because the shirt's buttons were a dark grey. Didn't look good. At all. I actually did receive a compliment from one of my coworkers. I fear he was being genuine, too.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This happened to me several times in the far past, but I am fortunate enough now to have a wide enough selection that it hasn't occurred in years.

This is why it's nice to have multiple versions of staple items. I have three ecru OCBD, for example, so I'm almost always guaranteed to have one ready to go at a moment's notice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.