• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The KOP List: FW09 edition

constantine.

Reaction score
These Generic Man sneakers on the left.
the-generic-man-2009-fall-winter-footwear-2.jpg

This wool EG Andover
andoverjkt-quiltworsted-glen01.jpg

that might be it. also, maybe a pair of Common Project 3-hole slip ons depending on what colors they release for the fall. Why havent they released a season preview yet?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
that first jacket no matter who's dick i have to suck or what i have to sell

http://www.solediction.com/2009/05/c...-lookbook.html

Dude at the CK Collection store on Madison quoted me ~1.7k for it. He said they were only getting one or two in in a few sizes and I he said I'd need to leave my name but that they would probably get a few extra for people who ask or whatever. I'm pretty sure you're going to have to talk to them to get one in your size. Also the dude said the jacket is not terribly warm; he said people were calling and asking if they could go skiing in it and ****, he was laughing like "Why the **** would you go skiing in a 1700 dollar jacket?" Anyway he made it sound like it was warm, but not super insulated or anything.

Piroshky

Reaction score
Superbobo, I've been eyeing those for a while now too. Were you thinking of going through history preservation? If you're proxying, I'd love to jump in! (I'll even cover 3/4 of the shipping!) Those pics from Andy's have never made me want a pair of pants more.

As for me this winter: a few Alaskan Guide shirts, hopefully a couple well fitting henleys, a replacement LL Bean waxed-duck down vest, and some assorted wool socks. Maybe a new coat if I can find one that I like the warmth of (Vermont winter requires more than aesthetics) - kinda looking forward to the MJK barn coat.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
A WWM jacket is on a lot of lists--I def want a wool maine guide--something to replace my worn out peacoat. EG if WWM isn't the answer. I could do with the shawl EG wool peacoat if another one in L pops up on ebay.

I also need a new perfect cardigan. May end up going vintage for that.

And if I get my **** together on a centralia varsity, that.

Would love a new pair of boots. Not fracap, but something similar.

That's probably all I'm allowed to buy
frown.gif

Would also like: more tailored cords for work, filson tin cloth pants

Looking more and more like the WWM jacket will be out of range for me
frown.gif
Filson tin cloth also questionable at this point.

Only thing left on my list is a perfect cardigan. Not too fine, not too chunky, nice buttons, reinforced placket a must, slim enough to go under a sportcoat. Probably navy or burgundy.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^too much summer shopping? How did those vintage hiking boots turn out? I also want some Filson dry tin cloth (I havent actually seen it in person though, how is it compared to carhartt duck?) pants, but will wait until ebay treats me right. ' Piroshky I was planning to go through Eastman leather in the UK, since im in europe, and want to avoid import taxes...

Piroshky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Piroshky
I was planning to go through Eastman leather in the UK, since im in europe, and want to avoid import taxes...

Ahh I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Looks like I might be going through HP then..

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superbobo - What is that last coat (where and how much)?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live in deep SoCal, so Fall/Winter is often just an exercise in frustration when it comes to getting excited about kopping for the cold.

1) Some type of black coated slim jeans (looks like I missed out on the Diors in B&S).
2) RM Williams Bushmans that fit (had to sell my last pair).
3) TOJ Varsity (still figuring out color-way, but liking the all black)
4) Black PS oxfords w/ (not too) pointed toe box.
5) Grey jeans to replace my Dauphins.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but one still seems to romanticize winter here anyway.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already picked up a couple items on my list. Tricker's Piccadilly in suede (on the left - got the wrong size so had to exchange but it's on the way):
group3a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads