The KOP List: FW09 edition

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jun 1, 2009.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

maybe i can add one more item to my list, and literally KOP 1 THING PER Month, has anyone tried this ever?
    maybe a club for next year

the one item a month club

Sounds like a great idea, may try it next year. [​IMG]

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I really want the Ann D riding boots, but not if they're hair-calf.

The hell is hair-calf?

(Though I'm jonesing for riding boots too. Most likely NDC or Buttero on discount for this budget baller though)

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

I'll probably be doing something like this in 2010 and beyond. I've already got a pretty complete wardrobe and I'll instead be focusing money on getting back into traveling, school, and pilot training.

By the time 2009 ends, I will be pretty close to complete, besides suits/sportcoats (which I don't even have a need to wear, so I really want maybe 2 of each)... then I will be pretty happy only buying 10 things a year or so... and yeah definitely will save more of that money for traveling instead, and getting some wear n tear into my clothes!

After you've been buying high quality stuff for a few years, there isn't much more to get, unless you are one of those people who turn over 50% of their closet every year...

4. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

After you've been buying high quality stuff for a few years, there isn't much more to get
    Makes sense in theory, but do you know of anyone who actually is in this situation?

5. robin

robin Senior member

Makes sense in theory, but do you know of anyone who actually is in this situation?
    Me?

6. APK

APK Senior member

Seems to me the ones who are willing to shell out the cash for their wardrobe don't ever stop adding on. The volume might decrease, but if there's an interest/passion for clothing that most members here have, I doubt these people ever come close to stopping.

In theory, the idea of investing a ton in a piece (say, a coat that will last you years) makes sense. But how many people make this move and then find themselves plunking down another chunk of change once the latest collection drops a year from then?

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

If you are going to continually buy stuff, why buy durable pieces? You will never get a chance to wear them out... I've really bought hardly any "streetwear and denim" clothing in 2009 while i've been ramping up my "mens clothing" for work... yet by the end of the day I am in jeans when I am home, and on the weekends i am in jeans... my work wardrobe is almost complete as well... should be by end of 2010... all i know is, once i have a family/kids/etc unless i turn into a baller, i can't keep buying stuff at the pace I do now, nor will I need to.

Robin let's see if you stick with that vision in 2010... aka when EG drops the new line you don't buy it all!

8. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Hey, I'm with you guys. I would really like to finally have all of the clothes I need and only replace the ones that wear out. I'm just a bit skeptical that it will ever happen. Just look at the guys in MC.

9. robin

robin Senior member

Robin let's see if you stick with that vision in 2010... aka when EG drops the new line you don't buy it all!
    True, but it's unlikely I'll be buying more than maybe 1 or 2 items per season after F/W09. A man does not need so many bedford jackets (I already have 5!) and the only real core pieces I'm missing are some fishing vests and hoodies.
    Hey, I'm with you guys. I would really like to finally have all of the clothes I need and only replace the ones that wear out. I'm just a bit skeptical that it will ever happen. Just look at the guys in MC.
    I think for the average guy who does not have to dress up everyday, that a couple of suits in navy and charcoal are all that you really ever need.

10. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

The hell is hair-calf?

(Though I'm jonesing for riding boots too. Most likely NDC or Buttero on discount for this budget baller though)

Basically fur. Cowskin with the hair still attached. The boots look like haircalf in the runway pics. I think there's a leather version.

I'm sitting in a cafe across from a beautiful blond haired spanish woman. Her daughter is adorable.

11. robin

robin Senior member

Her daughter is adorable.
    But you hate children. Stop being so contradicting.

12. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

But you hate children. Stop being so contradicting.

But robin, I've changed; I think, for the better. A few weeks ago, I even smiled back a little girl who was trying to get my attention by tapping on my metro seat.

What's come over me!?

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I was doing a good job for like 6 months. Then it all went down hill..I was kopping left and right. But it's a great idea, this year I'm finally purchasing all my shoes/boots I've been eying since I joined this forum 2 years ago. Got 2.5 more years till I can sit for the CPA. I've been slowly adding some tailored/professional wardrobe. So far I have my 1 suit, couple sportcoat, 3 good pair of oxford...black/dark brown/#8 shell, BB #1 burgundy rep tie, Brioni Navy stripe tie, and Paul Stuart Grenadine Navy solid tie, Seiko Spirit. I just need well fitting trousers, and upgrade my shirts game. [​IMG] Gotta <3 the b/s section.
    maybe i can add one more item to my list, and literally KOP 1 THING PER Month, has anyone tried this ever? maybe a club for next year the one item a month club

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

For fall:
    -maple or olive eg's
    -bless hoodcoat
    -nice vass boots

basically shit for work

Update
    -dries cardigan
    -jil knit (last one and I'm done)
    -margiela bag
    -margiela knit
    -crepe soled alden boots, non-cordovan

Already copped shit for work and egs/vass/bless will have to wait.