• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Kooples brand

Nawtari

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this brand?
Its like across of APC and American Apparel.

I was recently in Paris and walked into a store there. They had really good stuff concerning shirts and tees, especially denim and such.
I tried on a lot of clothing and it ran small.

heres the link to the site:

http://www.thekooples.com/

HHD

Reaction score
There are quite a few Kooples stores here in Paris and their advertisements are everywhere. Looks-wise it has a kind of skinny jeans / vintage military / big hair thing going on which reminds me of The Strokes or APC a few years ago. Kids who attended posh schools in the 6th arrondisement used to dress that way before that. It's a good look on youngsters, definitely.

I've never bought anything there so can't comment on quality.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely saw a few of these stores in Paris. I think the whole gimmick was that the clothing could be worn by either sex? Correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, more of a SW&D thing I think.

Romain

Reaction score
No the menswear is different from the womenswear, but the style is very similar.

A friend of mine is a fan of their suits. I am not, the style is very specific (very slim fit, tiny lapels, extra-short jackets).
I haven't examined them with a magnifying glass, but the quality doesn't seem impressive.

There is also a more casual range but I am not familiar with it.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some body starts a thread three years ago. A total of six posts in those three years. Okay lets play along :embar:

If he tried them on in France and they were sized S/M/L then he likely tried on the wrong size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads