• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Killers on Tour

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
why? doesnt seem like the kind of band youd be into

I went during their touring for Hot Fuss....the first time because my wife and I wanted to check them out, Hot Fuss was not a bad record and we're always up for checking out new bands. They sounded fine, just like their record, but their live performance is dull and lackluster.

2nd time, we went with a friend. another suck ass live show, but sounded fine.

3rd time they were part of a big festival lineup so we had no choice to see them...and again another dull boring lackluster show.

They just stand there and play, nothing wrong with that, but I guess I'm used to higher energy shows where the band is going nuts.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
wow, what i wouldnt give to hear that dancer song live....

its obvious that the song is a joke and they are pissing themselves laughing that its actually being played consistantly.

maybe i'm missing something, but the lyrics make no sense. is there some kind of reference to something?

'are we human or are we dancer'?

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I've seen them live 3x...easily the most BORING live band of its stature that I've ever seen.

AMEN! I've seen crappy local bands that could pump up a crowd of 5 better. What was wrong with them? Brandon Flowers has negative stage presence. In between songs, its as if he's reciting a couple one-liners that someone wrote for him. No passion and no soul. On the other hand, Keane opened up for The Killers, and even though its completely not my type of music, they rocked.

Dion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I just found out they are on tour. Has anyone seen them live? Something I may want to do; but, last minute since the concert is the 25th at MSG.

Anyone in NY want to go?

If you buy me a ticket to NY.

closetmess

Reaction score
Saw them at Massey Hall in Toronto, their "pre-tour" gig before they went to the big arenas...it was amazing. Might have just been the venue but the energy and acoustics were incredible. Buy Buy Buy.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
maybe i'm missing something, but the lyrics make no sense. is there some kind of reference to something?

'are we human or are we dancer'?

It's a reference to a quote by Hunter S. Thompson who said America was "raising a generation of dancers."

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
It's a reference to a quote by Hunter S. Thompson who said America was "raising a generation of dancers."
Wow, those are some pretty ****** lyrics. Why do bands who aren't poetic (pretty much all the the past 5 years at least) pretend that they are?

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
Never saw them on tour. I really wanted to before but I didn't particularly like their latest release as much as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whatk ind of music do they play? They are playing here and I am wondering if I should get a ticket.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my great regrets from time in San Diego was turning down tickets to see The Cure for $35. It was on a weeknight, I was busy, blah blah.

Support act was a promising outfit from NY called Interpol. The find-your-seats act was a bunch of newbies from Vegas called The Killers.

I kick myself about once a week over that one.

Socal I'd suggest see them if you think you'd like it. Better that then hearing the next day how good it was, and wishing you had gone.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw them live back in November at the Hammerstein in NYC. Smaller release show for Day & Age. Pretty fun show, but then again my brother and I got in for free with unlimited free drinks which definitely helps. It also helped that every single person there seemed to be die hard Killers fans so there was some great energy in the crowd.

Not mind blowing, but definitely a good time.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ticketmaster has two sides that they'll bounce you between now without you really knowing what's going on if you are not careful.

1) Regular side. Scalping on in their "per ticket fee" that they tack on, that is obscene.
2) Other side, where yes, scalping is permited. In New York, scalping is now legal. btw - stubhub has a pick up location on about 41st/Broadway in NYC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads