The jokes thread for Styleforum 10th Anniversary Party - See linked thread for real info.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emptym, Jan 6, 2012.

For those coming from out of town, and do you plan on staying at the W?

1. I plan to stay at the W San Francisco.

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. I will not be staying at the W.

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

If it's May 12, I might be able to swing it in conjunction with a business trip to DC.

I'll be in Paris on vacation May 5.

I realize, of course, my schedule does not influence much around here.

All the same...my vote would be for the 12th.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Great news for anyone arriving a little stressed out from their flight...

Relax in the new yoga room at San Francisco airport
    [​IMG]
    Courtesy of San Francisco International Airport
    San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax before or after a flight.

By Harriet Baskas, msnbc.com contributor
    Stressed-out travelers willing and able to be flexible now have a new way to relax and refresh at San Francisco International Airport.
    On Thursday, the airport officially opens what it claims is the world’s first dedicated yoga room at an airport.
    “The room gives modern travelers a space that fosters and supports quiet and reflection. Those aren’t emotions that people typically encounter at the airport,” said Melissa Mizell, design director for Gensler, the Terminal 2 architecture firm that also created the yoga room, in a statement.
    [​IMG]
    San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax.

Located just past the security checkpoint in the recently renovated Terminal 2, the new yoga room is bathed in calming blue light, with a floating wall said to symbolize a buoyant spirit and enlightened mind. Lights in the room are low and warm — to counteract the bright concourse — and loaner mats are supplied.
    The innovative idea is getting early kudos.
    "Relax passengers between flights? Help them find balance in the crazy world of travel? How wonderful!," said nurse consultant Anya Clowers of JetwithComfort.com.
    "Airports like SFO get it," said Greg Principato, president of Airports Council International - North America. "They are looking at the big picture and meeting the needs of travelers by offering products and services that contribute to their overall comfort."
    In the spring, large, felt-constructed rocks will be added to the room and arranged in a nod to Japanese-style, Zen garden spaces.
    SFO spokesperson Charles Schuler said the new yoga room will be open whenever the Terminal 2 security checkpoint is open — currently 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. — and that a list of yoga room rules will soon be posted. “To help people find the room, we’ve even created signs that feature a stylized pictogram depicting a person in the lotus position.”
    Sound too woo-woo for you?
    For travelers seeking an alternate space to gather their thoughts without having to get down on the floor, SFO also offers the Berman reflection room — “a center for quiet reflection and meditation” — pre-security in the International Terminal.
    And for those who find relaxation amid the bright lights and bustle, there's no shortage of bars.

lefty

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Lefty, remind me: which SFO terminal has the corridor on which hippies can leave the present with the curl on top?

4. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I would enjoy coming to this party.

I probably wouldn't be able to convince my wife I wasn't cheating on her though in attending.

And I definitely can't do May 5 anyways.

Have fun, boys.

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

That's a beautiful haiku.

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

By Harriet Baskas, msnbc.com contributor
    Stressed-out travelers willing and able to be flexible now have a new way to relax and refresh at San Francisco International Airport.
    On Thursday, the airport officially opens what it claims is the world’s first dedicated yoga room at an airport.
    “The room gives modern travelers a space that fosters and supports quiet and reflection. Those aren’t emotions that people typically encounter at the airport,” said Melissa Mizell, design director for Gensler, the Terminal 2 architecture firm that also created the yoga room, in a statement.
    [​IMG]
    San Francisco International Airport now has a yoga room where frazzled travelers can take a few moments to relax.

Located just past the security checkpoint in the recently renovated Terminal 2, the new yoga room is bathed in calming blue light, with a floating wall said to symbolize a buoyant spirit and enlightened mind. Lights in the room are low and warm — to counteract the bright concourse — and loaner mats are supplied.
    The innovative idea is getting early kudos.
    "Relax passengers between flights? Help them find balance in the crazy world of travel? How wonderful!," said nurse consultant Anya Clowers of JetwithComfort.com.
    "Airports like SFO get it," said Greg Principato, president of Airports Council International - North America. "They are looking at the big picture and meeting the needs of travelers by offering products and services that contribute to their overall comfort."
    In the spring, large, felt-constructed rocks will be added to the room and arranged in a nod to Japanese-style, Zen garden spaces.
    SFO spokesperson Charles Schuler said the new yoga room will be open whenever the Terminal 2 security checkpoint is open — currently 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. — and that a list of yoga room rules will soon be posted. “To help people find the room, we’ve even created signs that feature a stylized pictogram depicting a person in the lotus position.”
    Sound too woo-woo for you?
    For travelers seeking an alternate space to gather their thoughts without having to get down on the floor, SFO also offers the Berman reflection room — “a center for quiet reflection and meditation” — pre-security in the International Terminal.
    And for those who find relaxation amid the bright lights and bustle, there's no shortage of bars.

lefty

WTF? Yoga room? Where's my smoking lounge?

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Men's restroom stall closest to the wall.

8. chogall

chogall Senior member

boardwalk empire, manton edition?

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

whatever happened to that vox santoni guy? is he going to go?

10. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

[​IMG]

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thats the word in the bathroom stalls these days.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

Quote:
    Local Two Girls and a Cup franchise. Terminal ∞.

lefty

13. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Oh snap. That brought back visual memories :crazy:

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

FTFY

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

75% chance I can make May 5.