• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Joker wears bespoke

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lolwut

Weirdest thread necro ever.

EDIT: Wait, all your posts are basically thread necros. Probably a troll.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i cant believe dark knight was actually 3 years ago. time passes really fast.

ledger's joker was a joke. i dont care he passed and i respect that and all, but from purely an acting standpoint, his wasnt any special.

Originally Posted by georgekok_uk
IMHO Al Pacino played the Michael Corleone role very well. As the new Don Corleone he proved to be more ruthless than his father. Al Pacino has this innocent boyish side in Godfather I and shows his cool composed ruthless gangster in Godfather II.

well, that was one of the premises of The Godfather. the passing of the power from Marlon brando to his son in Al pacino. the family business becoming more mercenary and cold. and then coming to a resolve in III when he realizes and regrets his past ways.

also, Marlon Brando didnt really have too big of a part in The Godfather. anyone realize that?

he just basically gets introduced, then he goes to meet tattalia for drugs business negotiation, then gets gunned down. all in the first act of the movie.

afterwards, he just ends up being bedridden and a shadow of who he was and just croaks. for an icon of the movie, he really didnt have much in the movie.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
ledger's joker was a joke. i dont care he passed and i respect that and all, but from purely an acting standpoint, his wasnt any special.

You serious? That was an amazing performance.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
You serious? That was an amazing performance.

yeah. sorry. imo i think anyone can laugh like a lunatic, act demented , and etc .
a true great acting ability is to be able to portray certain complex characteristics or persona that is more subtle.
anyways, maybe it's not really ledger i dislike, maybe the whole notion that the joker can be played to multiple levels of quality , that gets to me. joker is just joker. laughing lunatic. nothing complex on how to play that.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
yeah. sorry. imo i think anyone can laugh like a lunatic, act demented , and etc .
a true great acting ability is to be able to portray certain complex characteristics or persona that is more subtle.
anyways, maybe it's not really ledger i dislike, maybe the whole notion that the joker can be played to multiple levels of quality , that gets to me. joker is just joker. laughing lunatic. nothing complex on how to play that.

Where are these absences of good acting you speak of? By your own criteria it would seem that Heath Ledger's performance is a great one, other than your reductionistic declaration that playing a person with any sort of pathology is less difficult than playing a character without.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ledger's Joker was amazing. U haz teh dumb.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Ledger's Joker was amazing. U haz teh dumb.

I agree. It was a great performance and was probably the best comic book movie ever made IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads