• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm headed out to Phoenix soon. Anyone know of places to check out for good silver/turquoise?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm headed out to Phoenix soon. Anyone know of places to check out for good silver/turquoise?
From what I know, Chief Dodge and the Old Town Jewels are the most concentrated and have the largest selections, but I'm sure that there are stores all over the place.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks @LA Guy I'll literally be driving right by those two places, so will definitely top and have a look.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Might be a dumb / contradicting question but are there any acceptable low-key jewelry with the slightest flair that I could wear in a business oriented environment? What brands would you guys recommend?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be a dumb / contradicting question but are there any acceptable low-key jewelry with the slightest flair that I could wear in a business oriented environment? What brands would you guys recommend?
Possibly something by the big luxury brands is great. Somethng like this leather + white gold Love bracelet, worn alone or alongside a watch: https://www.cartier.com/en-us/colle...s/jewelry-for-men/b6053301-love-bracelet.html
might work. I also wear a barbell bracelet from Jutta Neumann tha could also work, though it's a bit more rustic.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

shortlefty

Reaction score
Appreciate the help, but any cheaper options? I have a watch already, looking for bracelets, necklaces, and rings although rings might be way too much.

So envious the ladies can have so many options

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate the help, but any cheaper options? I have a watch already, looking for bracelets, necklaces, and rings although rings might be way too much.

You should probably state you budget.

shortlefty

Reaction score
You should probably state you budget.

Sorry about that, around 100-400 depending on the piece. Wouldn't want to pay more than $150-200 for a ring but would for the right necklace or bracelet

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, honestly, if it's a very conservative business setting, nothing is going to be really acceptable. If it's not so buttoned up, a simple cuff like this Margiela one: https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens...ets/logo-engraved-silver-cuff/990541377642625, or something slightly more distinctive like the twisted one by Margiela:
or this two toned thing by Title of Work: https://www.matchesfashion.com/us/p...ld-and-sterling-silver-cuff-bracelet--1296640

a Bottega Veneta braided leather thing: https://www.matchesfashion.com/us/products/Bottega-Veneta-Double-wrap-leather-bracelet-1210562

Or an ID bracelet (don't get the Margiela ones unless you really like the branding - they are really not that well made) - Hermes doesn't have one right now, but TIffany does a decent job - at least all of the joins are properly closed and the clasp is decent quality:

are probably your best bets. I can't think of any necklaces that would work unless you are in that organization that is just this thing of ours.

Rings, especially signet rings, are having a moment, but I don't love the look, and they are probably not businesswear friendly anyway.

Me, I usually wear a silver bracelet paired with a leather one, or two leather ones, but I also have no dress code.

shortlefty

Reaction score
How conservative a business is this?

Not too conservative, at a large bank. Love the bracelets you sent. Trying to pull of rings as well and I love werkstatt munchen, Ann D's, etc aesthetic but it probably would not fly in business. Any recommendations?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, many of the Werkstatt Munchen pieces I've had are a disappointment, with obvious lazy work like unsoldered joins and use of cheap siver wire, simply bent into place. They do some nice work - but get lazy in key areas.

Tobias Wistesen I find always does nice work - this is a piece that I wear regularly: https://madlords.us/collections/mens-bracelets/products/tobias-wistisen-bracelet-box-bead-brown - I got it custom made with black leather - but I don't know why the slider are all separated there. They all tend to come together when on the wrist anyway. I will probably also get this made at some point:

I also like Good Art's stuff, and wear this Jutta Neumann barbell bracelet with a silver barbell and "cordovan" leather most:

For things like curb chains, get them from some outfit like Good Art, where all the links are properly sealed, or a luxury brand like Hermes (I love my Hermes Chaine d'Ancre bracelet - it really is unisex in the larger sizes, and they make specific mens versions regularly - like a blackened distressed silver one with a gold toggle). It costs more, but jewelry is one place where you can really tell the difference in "quality". Like, this non-native bracelet is, to me, unacceptable. There is no reason that a jeweler can't close the join at a structurally critical link, like so:

You don't see that on an Hermes or Good Art bracelet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads