• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spunwell

Reaction score
I like that a lot, but have found that servicing can be... spotty. If you live in NYC or SF or some place where servicing and repairs are easily accessible, then vintage is awesome. But otherwise, it can be a pain. I still have a watch requiring repair (it's running incredibly fast), that is still sitting in a drawer because it needs to be packed up and sent rather than just requiring me to bring it into a shop.

I’m with you there, vintage watch care can be a real hassle.

There is a modern reissue of the super Kontiki that would elevate that problem though.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-con...-1973-Limited-Edition-Team-aBlogtoWatch-2.jpg

As an aside.......I don’t know what watch you have that’s running inordinately fast. If it’s a mechanical you might try demagnetizing it. This can be done easily with a 10$ device from Amazon.

Apologies if you have already tried this or if it’s not applicable to your situation.

Sheepdog149

Reaction score
[emoji41][emoji1690]
20190308_165536.jpeg

michaellosauro

Reaction score
A long shot, but does anybody know where I could find someone who makes a bracelet along the lines of this Cuban link bracelet Daniel Day-Lewis is wearing here?

EE3ACE96-D024-4570-9A3F-D55B37841CD7.jpeg
523B2FDE-EA42-4298-9255-6092EC87BA00.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Any jewellery store worth their salt will do a good curb chain

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i don't think it's from werkstatt munchen, but WM has a machined curb chain with a somewhat similar finish.

werkstatt-munchen-bracelet-curb-chain-tool-traces-silver-m2300-01-768x656.jpg

I think it runs somewhere around $1,500-ish. I've had good luck picking up chunky curb chain bracelets at vintage stores and niche boutiques that sell jewelry. You can find interesting and chunky curb chain bracelets for about $500 if you hunt.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have too much jewelry:

Jade necklace with my name:

IMG_20190328_193204.jpg

Harmonica necklace:

lovenail-0812.jpg

Margiela silver cuff:

50170219vi_13_r.jpg

Some friendship bracelets

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Valfunde

Reaction score
Update on my little jewelry journey. Definitely learned what I did and did not like (or at least was just very meh about). Big chunky circle rings, like the First Arrows arabesque ring, and "geometric" rings, like the Neff Goldsmith, are rings I both don't wear often. I can make it work but I usually find myself very limited to certain clothes that gets boring after a while and likewise I find tiresome to try and pull together each time. I probably try to pair it up with some of my more out there stuff like Nahimas and maybe Kapital but that be a while.

The Native American inspired stuff is much easier since I have workwear clothes and find it can also be easily paired up with other more adventurous casual clothes e.g. Stephan Schneider and 18east.

For the most part, my jewelry appetite is sated but I'm always on the lookout for good jewelry now. It's pretty fun and rewarding.

Neff and First Arrows
3cvAcE9.jpg

First Arrows and Mt Hill
JtQpZWP.jpg

First Arrows
UiKTT9D.jpg

Larry Smith
MErheXj.jpg

Mt Hill
vuOH9vV.jpg

Shaun Leane
S9JT29S.jpg

84f2LDr.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads