• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
So as far as I can tell there isn't a topic for discussing jewelry here. I don't know how many here are wearing it, but I figure there's at least a handful so it would be cool to have a place to put discussion. I recently ordered this bracelet that I'm looking forward to wearing:
p1110647.jpg
SCHORL x Sympathy of Soul -- ¥19,000 I'm still considering the matching necklace (if I could find it anywhere, anyway):
p1110589.jpg
SCHORL x Sympathy of Soul -- ¥39,000 I'm still looking for a bracelet for my other hand, and these are the ones I've liked so far:
CoinSetBrace_1.JPG
Sympathy of Soul -- ¥30,000
4_14_25.jpg
Animal Worship -- ¥28,000
tumblr_lmfgb9Wnn21qbblino1_500.jpg
Diet Butcher Slim Skin x Garden of Eden -- ¥15,000 I really like the DBSS one but I think it might look weird to have a leather bracelet on each wrist ... Finally, another DBSS one, which is pretty old and cannot be found anywhere. If you know where I can get it, please tell me!
dbssfeatherbraceletblack.jpg
Anyway, comments on any of this is welcome, and I look forward to seeing your own jewelry haves and wants
smile.gif

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Â¥'?
Now is that ¥ Yen(Japan) or ¥ Yuan RMB(China)?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been many attempts at jewelry topics and i think it has boiled down to

- Wear a watch
- Wear some bead bracelets with your watch if you want
- Wear your wedding band

Your pictures aren't showing but I went ahead and googled a couple of them and all I saw were glorified versions of random cheap dragon/skull jewelry. I bought a necklace of a shield with a dragon on it because I thought it looked cool, but I was 10 years old.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like some of the Vim Beget pieces: http://blackbirdballard.com/Vim_Beget_Mens.html

I have one of the bracelets, and will probably get the signet ring and id bracelet eventually (the later will need to be special ordered, the one at Blackbird is a tad too small for me).

Self Edge has some great jewelry pieces as well from various brands. Other favorites of mine: Rogues Gallery, Black Sheep and Prodigal Sons, MMM, Giles and Brother, and Schosha.

If you're thrifty, etsy can sometimes be a good resource - however you have to search through lots of crap to find the few good things and even then they often won't be as nice as a more professionally finished piece.

Tadite

Reaction score
Hate to say but those look like they came from a Renaissance Fair.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
There have been many attempts at jewelry topics and i think it has boiled down to

- Wear a watch
- Wear your wedding band

Ridukkuluss dude. The year starts with a 2 now, you can wear jewelry if you want. *******.

I have a sterling chain necklace with a (non-christian-icon) fish on it that my girlfriend got me for Christmas, wear it on occasion. Also had a pair of stainless studs but I lost one so now I'm doing one stud and one small ring.

I've seen traditional Indian jewelrey with a chain that went from a nose ring to an earring, does anyone know what that's called? I'd love to see that on the runway.

Also, Omar Joseph Nasser-Khoury has some cool jewelry and jewelry styling:
omar1.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The only thing I have is a margiela ring, need a necklace but can't find the right one.

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Also, Omar Joseph Nasser-Khoury has some cool jewelry and jewelry styling:
omar1.jpg

This is amazing. Does he have his own jewelry line though? All of the things that I've read about him only mention his latest exhibition.
Originally Posted by MikeDT
'¥'? Now is that ¥ Yen(Japan) or ¥ Yuan RMB(China)?
Yen. Uncontrol seems to prefer Japanese designers.
Originally Posted by robin
I like some of the Vim Beget pieces: http://blackbirdballard.com/Vim_Beget_Mens.html
I like Vim Beget. I wish that they'd use larger chain links for their bracelets.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
'Â¥'?
Now is that ¥ Yen(Japan) or ¥ Yuan RMB(China)?

Japanese yen.

Originally Posted by lemmywinks

- Wear a watch
- Wear your wedding band

Your pictures aren't showing but I went ahead and googled a couple of them and all I saw were glorified versions of random cheap dragon/skull jewelry. I bought a necklace of a shield with a dragon on it because I thought it looked cool, but I was 10 years old.

Is anyone else having problems seeing the pictures?

I don't see what the point of bringing such a conservative view into a clearly anti-conservative thread is. Fashion is supposed to be fun.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
The only thing I have is a margiela ring, need a necklace but can't find the right one.
Which ring?

Another piece I'd like, 100% ridiculous:

3826225_large.jpg

NorthernTiger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol

Is anyone else having problems seeing the pictures?

No problem here.

I currently have a St. Benedict medallion I will wear (more sentimental than religious at this point in my life), and I'll break out the college ring if the occasion calls for it. I'm open to getting jewelry, but I haven't looked enough yet to know what I want.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a watch and my wedding ring, but have considered picking up a Miansai rope bracelet.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
I've pondered the idea. Good-looking men's jewelry is hard to find though, men's bracelets especially. Most metal bracelets look like they belong on Jersey Shore roid-heads. Most Rope/hemp/wood/etc. bracelets look like they belong on filthy hippies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads