• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's interesting, I'd think having a small workshop would allow for a more "hands-on" process, thus making the linking and soldering stronger, more consistent. Maybe that reveals my bias for smaller companies and thinking that this somehow ensures quality.
Having done it, bench top soldering is never going to be as strong as a single cast piece that is then trimmed and polished. Smaller companies can come up with cool things, but it's really hard to get up to the production standards of a high quality brand like a Cartier or an Hermes. If they jeweler is an actual smith with a smithy, as in the case of Good Art, then you can get to that level. However, much smaller makers are limited by the tools to which they have access.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How do you guys like your bracelets to fit?
So that there is about movement about +/- 1" or so. So, regular to a fitted? I know some guys like theirs loose on the wrist, but especially for heavier silver jewelry, the movement gets a bit annoying, at least imo.

takashi78

Reaction score
So that there is about movement about +/- 1" or so. So, regular to a fitted? I know some guys like theirs loose on the wrist, but especially for heavier silver jewelry, the movement gets a bit annoying, at least imo.

Since most guys wrist size is say 7-8in.
Having movement of bout 1in seems a lot?
But i do also wear my watch with some wiggle room.

I was trying on a bracelet last week, it only had max 0.3in of movement, which i felt was "tight" since i was in a colder climate country.
Store guy says for the brand it "should" fit snug.
Went one size up, it had maybe 1-1.5in movement.

Maybe i should ask the shop to bend the "M" size outwards a little, or bend in the "L" size.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Since most guys wrist size is say 7-8in.
Having movement of bout 1in seems a lot?
But i do also wear my watch with some wiggle room.

I was trying on a bracelet last week, it only had max 0.3in of movement, which i felt was "tight" since i was in a colder climate country.
Store guy says for the brand it "should" fit snug.
Went one size up, it had maybe 1-1.5in movement.

Maybe i should ask the shop to bend the "M" size outwards a little, or bend in the "L" size.
Sorry, I meant 1" up and down my wrist, not 1" in circumference generally, if I can fit my index finger snugly between the bracelet and my wrist, I like the fit. I'm not that picky though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just kind of eyeball it, tbh. I think some bracelets look better when they sit closer to the wrist, such as some leather bracelets or a kabbalah bracelet. Others, like a curb chain bracelet, looks better when it's loose. I think it's like anything in fashion, it's a mix of aesthetics, preference, and comfort. Agree with Fok that sometimes things rattling around can be annoying. An inch isn't a bad rule, although I would just go with what looks right and feels comfortable to you.

takashi78

Reaction score
One thing i still cannot do is have multiple bracelet on one wrist, more so even wearing a watch on the same wrist.

Cant't stand diff metals banging onto each other and off course the noise it makes.

On a separate note, since i am in this thread, for the married guys out there, do you still wear your wedding ring AND different rings either on the same hand or another?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
One thing i still cannot do is have multiple bracelet on one wrist, more so even wearing a watch on the same wrist.

Cant't stand diff metals banging onto each other and off course the noise it makes.

On a separate note, since i am in this thread, for the married guys out there, do you still wear your wedding ring AND different rings either on the same hand or another?
I'm married, but I don't wear a wedding band. I used to, and I still sometimes wear it around my neck, but it's a thick, heavy,piece of platinum, and really started to make my left hand ache. So I just got a tattoo on my ring finger instead, something my wife wanted anyway.

I've started wearing a very light silver ring on my right pinky occasionally, see if the different finger (at the end) and much lighter weight might be a lot more comfortable.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 258 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40