• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Henson's designs, and I hadn't heard of them til you turned me on to them. I'll probably supplement my Iron Heart with some stuff from them. Their "cage link" chains look really good.

Been really enjoying the Iron Heart bike chain bracelet. It was blingy to an extent that made me a little uncomfortable at first, but as it's taken on wear it's started to quiet down in a really satisfying way.

Has made me realize I could probably pull off a lot more Good Art than I originally thought.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I find it's hard to wear jewelry in conservative outfits, like the ones you'd wear in a bank. Personally, think jewelry looks best when it's part of a larger aesthetic message. Like a sleazy rock n roll outfit or some kind of Visvim-y workwear.

When it's done in a conservative outfit, it just looks like someone is trying to punch up a boring outfit with a bracelet. And then it's like fun socks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like Henson's designs, and I hadn't heard of them til you turned me on to them. I'll probably supplement my Iron Heart with some stuff from them. Their "cage link" chains look really good.

Been really enjoying the Iron Heart bike chain bracelet. It was blingy to an extent that made me a little uncomfortable at first, but as it's taken on wear it's started to quiet down in a really satisfying way.

Has made me realize I could probably pull off a lot more Good Art than I originally thought.
As it happens, I have a custom blackened cage chain in the medium size (as opposed to the small) with a gold link) that I got for my birthday. It's really unique and quite nice.

TBH, the all silver bracelet that I find myself gravitating towards the most is my Hermes Chaine d'Ancre, especially now that it's been all nicked up. There is something sorta cool about appropriating a design that is associated so deeply with a bourgeois brand, and making it your own. That, and it's just a really cool design and very well made.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Honestly, many of the Werkstatt Munchen pieces I've had are a disappointment, with obvious lazy work like unsoldered joins and use of cheap siver wire, simply bent into place. They do some nice work - but get lazy in key areas.

Tobias Wistesen I find always does nice work - this is a piece that I wear regularly: https://madlords.us/collections/mens-bracelets/products/tobias-wistisen-bracelet-box-bead-brown - I got it custom made with black leather - but I don't know why the slider are all separated there. They all tend to come together when on the wrist anyway. I will probably also get this made at some point: View attachment 1237641
I also like Good Art's stuff, and wear this Jutta Neumann barbell bracelet with a silver barbell and "cordovan" leather most:

For things like curb chains, get them from some outfit like Good Art, where all the links are properly sealed, or a luxury brand like Hermes (I love my Hermes Chaine d'Ancre bracelet - it really is unisex in the larger sizes, and they make specific mens versions regularly - like a blackened distressed silver one with a gold toggle). It costs more, but jewelry is one place where you can really tell the difference in "quality". Like, this non-native bracelet is, to me, unacceptable. There is no reason that a jeweler can't close the join at a structurally critical link, like so:
View attachment 1237644
You don't see that on an Hermes or Good Art bracelet.

I'm all about quality first then looks. I assumed werkstatt would be pretty up there in terms of quality... What do you mostly look out for when trying to determine whether or not jewelry is well made or not?

I appreciate the recommendations and comments thus far from everyone, would be interested in more brands that you like even if it is not suitable for me to wear currently as I plan on exiting business in the future and a big factor in the decision is not being able to wear what I want so this will be helpful.

Also, wow, this Henson makes really beautiful pieces, exactly what I would wear if I had the opportunity to do so. Saving this for the future and subbing the their email list.

This probably would pushing it in an office environment right?

Last edited:

shortlefty

Reaction score
I find it's hard to wear jewelry in conservative outfits, like the ones you'd wear in a bank. Personally, think jewelry looks best when it's part of a larger aesthetic message. Like a sleazy rock n roll outfit or some kind of Visvim-y workwear.

When it's done in a conservative outfit, it just looks like someone is trying to punch up a boring outfit with a bracelet. And then it's like fun socks.

I can definitely understand this so i've been thinking of just wearing it outside when going for drinks. I don't dress as conservatively (but still very acceptable) compared to the office and probably have an unwanted reputation of being the one that dresses "nicer" so it should work as long as I plan outfits accordingly

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guidi doing some cool things recently, taking the whole Juste Un Clou thing to a whole different level:

Valfunde

Reaction score
Rings: Good Art and Kei Shigenaga. Really liking the GA stuff and the Kei 5 combo ring also lived up to my expectation. Was the first time seeing something like it.

Bangles: Mt Hill and Kei Shigenaga again. The Mt Hill bangle fitted my criteria for something simple and plain but with some decorations while Kei's was all simplicity. However, I'm kinda disappointed with the Kei bangle if only because it was much thinner than I expected. I wanted something a little more thicker but alas online shopping what can you do.

dsUmoZr.jpg

ZDcYY6v.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rings: Good Art and Kei Shigenaga. Really liking the GA stuff and the Kei 5 combo ring also lived up to my expectation. Was the first time seeing something like it.

Bangles: Mt Hill and Kei Shigenaga again. The Mt Hill bangle fitted my criteria for something simple and plain but with some decorations while Kei's was all simplicity. However, I'm kinda disappointed with the Kei bangle if only because it was much thinner than I expected. I wanted something a little more thicker but alas online shopping what can you do.

That's a great collection you've got there. Pretty soon you'll be able to try Kei's work on in person in SF, PDX, LA, NY, and SJD.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great collection you've got there. Pretty soon you'll be able to try Kei's work on in person in SF, PDX, LA, NY, and SJD.
For real? Oh yes...

Hey Kiya, are you going to be getting in any of various pendants that Good Art HLYWD does? Very specifically, this:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jtj48

Reaction score
For real? Oh yes...

Hey Kiya, are you going to be getting in any of various pendants that Good Art HLYWD does? Very specifically, this:

Isn't that image from Rivet and Hide? Why not just buy from them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads