• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valfunde

Reaction score
Very nice, but... how come you have so many keys? Are you a super or a janitor?
Haha. I help out at a business. So, uh, mini-super. Has apartment keys, business keys, and miscellaneous keys.

Sam H

Reaction score
These are some trippy shots of a bracelet I made myself. I don’t normally have my lights like this but I thought it looked cool.
0F04BAC4-DA2E-4959-8095-2768A7FA0E80.jpeg 038676BA-CD0A-4140-B5FA-322C61758937.jpeg 875A027C-5B39-4F69-BAA4-28EDB2775E97.jpeg 1D51C979-49D8-4C7D-9BB0-8C1F149584DE.jpeg
Lapis beads + gold filled spacers and gold ends. On navy silk cord.

I got into making my own bracelets for a bit a few years back.

Sam H

Reaction score
Here’s another bracelet I made. It’s a complete ripoff of an Isaia wrap bracelet I saw once and liked. But it costs $500. Not wanting to pay that much I did a deep dive into beads and eventually found through dumb luck and a lot of googling that the beads are called “African love beads” and available as a commodity bead at any bead store (I probably should have just started by emailing bead experts rather than my own directionless googling).

Anyway, beads of this style can be purchased by the pound and randomly strung for the same effect, sterling silver donut spacers are also cheap, and the result is pretty much what I wanted. I didn’t factor in silk cord stretch and would make this again with a bit less length if I felt like going through the effort but I’m otherwise happy.

mine:

A30D25C2-BB48-4DDD-BC72-3AEC5D157DC7.jpeg F5AE68A2-6020-4EAA-8950-1A87AAF32C99.jpeg

Isaia:

15D4FA05-4920-4643-9EED-C87EB20C5441.jpeg 472EF841-6DF7-45B6-A4F1-C05BB10A4154.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1611451318314.png

Peanuts and Co large silver horse head key ring. Good Art HLYWD Sacred Heart Pendands and a brown diamond rosette. Good Art 58mm Swiss Army knife. No keys. They go with another set. I just like to wear that.

RaiseThePrice

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
it*s my first post and I like to show you guys what im into right now.

L1010670.jpg
L1010672.jpg

One of my most recent sets. This one is from Taro Washimi and still work in progress. Still looking to buy some small feathers and to replace the large feather, with another large feather with a golden tip and claw.

L1010679.jpg

This is my Larry Smith Necklace. Still looking to add something to the necklace and maybe change some parts, like the closure of the necklace.

L1010676.jpg

Most recently I've bought the shell-necklace from northern works.

L1010674.jpg

This ring was the first piece of jewelry I've bought years ago. It*s from Fuct SSDD and a mix out of silver and brass.

L1010675.jpg

L1010677.jpg

Later I've added to the fuct ssdd ring a Larry Smith feather ring and a Larry Smith leather/silver bracelet.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't right now, but if you look a cheap chains, like an actual curb chain, you'll see that the links are not closed. However, they are hardened steel and super thick, so it doesn't even matter. On jewelry, using precious metals that are much softer and or have much less material, this matters a lot more.

I don't know if you can look out for this well on an online picture. I relegate myself to Good Art, Cartier, and Hermes, typically, for chains.

do you own any Cartier? Is there stuff unisex like the love, just in clou, ecrou, clash de cartier or is it meant for women? I’m starting to dig some of it...

looking specifically at this small hoop earring that will fit snugly against ear, since I ended up getting this GA earring made for my left so want an earring for my right (GA doesn’t make any small hoops)

also really digging this ring from Cartier...
482EBE6A-BE90-4088-807A-89446A0F0D15.png
A5E790F8-C5D4-4653-8717-8A6E63FE37A2.jpeg
25C7531B-4B84-4687-A355-5477777F8665.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The love bracelet and juste un clou are made in men’s sizes. Margiela does a great version.

The GA earrings are cool, and my wife wears them, but I've never worn an earring and an unlikely to ever. My hobbies - kickboxing and jujitsu were the base of my MMA - just have me lifelong wary of anything. On my body that could easily be used against me. So for me personally, it's strictly bracelets, pendants worn on a keychain, and the occasional ring (tbh,I can't stand wearing a ring more than an hour at a time).

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was more so asking if you owned any Cartier and if you can say the quality is on par with good art? I think some of the pieces could work together. Since it’s industrial... QUOTE="LA Guy, post: 10570626, member: 1521"]
The love bracelet and juste un clou are made in men’s sizes. Margiela does a great version.

The GA earrings are cool, and my wife wears them, but I've never worn an earring and an unlikely to ever. My hobbies - kickboxing and jujitsu were the base of my MMA - just have me lifelong wary of anything. On my body that could easily be used against me. So for me personally, it's strictly bracelets, pendants worn on a keychain, and the occasional ring (tbh,I can't stand wearing a ring more than an hour at a time).
[/QUOTE]

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wanting a GA bracelet now, thinking about maybe a 10A model? I'm not a large guy so I think anything larger would look odd on me. I also really like the bear link bracelet. Anyone have any favorites?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was more so asking if you owned any Cartier and if you can say the quality is on par with good art? I think some of the pieces could work together. Since it’s industrial...

So yes, and yes. Cartier quality is very high. The finishing is cleaner, and the tolerances are tighter, from what I can tell. Some of this is an aesthetic choice - for example, from what I've seen, Good Art deliberately darkens their silber, then polishes it to draw out the patterns. I've never seen this on Cartier, and only once on Hermes. Cartier strives for a much more luxe look than Good Art, which has more subculture references. But some of it is just the scale and experience level and resources of a house like Cartier.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really wanting a GA bracelet now, thinking about maybe a 10A model? I'm not a large guy so I think anything larger would look odd on me. I also really like the bear link bracelet. Anyone have any favorites?
K like the model 10 bracelet. I think that a size A is probaby good for most guys. The bear link bracelet is also nice, but it's not as iconic as the model 10, now does it have that clasp and pivot that naturally draws the eye.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the model 10AAA on 6.5-6.75” wrist View attachment 1542723
I no longer have it, just I think that there is a picture in this thread of me in a 10C, just for reference, on a 7.1-7.2" wrist. I think that my hands are considerably bigger as well (8.5-9 glove - usually, I wear an 8.5, and the fingers are slightly too short. The few pairs of 9 that I have, the gloves fit a bit loose around the palm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads