• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vickt

Reaction score
Still ended up going with some Henson. They were super nice and helpful, and I really like the designs. Definitely not as well finished with the open joins on the cage, but still really happy with the pieces. Support small business, right?

Also have an order in at Self Edge for a Good Art Gordo a Mano that I’m really looking forward to. Only seen like one picture of it so curious how large it actually is vs the pequeno.

I looked through a ton of pictures of the chaine d’ancre and just couldn’t see myself wearing it.

F2C6EFC1-3525-40AA-A73C-601307B9C79D.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still ended up going with some Henson. They were super nice and helpful, and I really like the designs. Definitely not as well finished with the open joins on the cage, but still really happy with the pieces. Support small business, right?

Also have an order in at Self Edge for a Good Art Gordo a Mano that I’m really looking forward to. Only seen like one picture of it so curious how large it actually is vs the pequeno.

I looked through a ton of pictures of the chaine d’ancre and just couldn’t see myself wearing it.

View attachment 1465908
Yeah, I don’t regret the purchase. Those just become project pieces. Tbh, the only bracelets I wear a lot right now are a series of 3 rubber biscuits on a “Styleforum Approved” promotional bracelet (we will give out more!) - a heart rosette, an open rosette and a round rosette, and occasionally a stretchy pants one, since I’m always at home, and it’s easier to step out and shoot some baskets and not have to take anything off. Have been contemplating a St. Christopher pendant, since 2020 is a helluva ride.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1465908

Which bracelet is that with the toggle? Looks great.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which bracelet is that with the toggle? Looks great.
That's the Henson cage bracelet that we were discussing. I have a blackened one with a gold link. It's pretty robust despite what I may have said, but I put my things through a true beating. Most people, it's a non-issue.
This was mine, but since they are custom,.I got mine in the medium thickness links:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Henson cage bracelet that we were discussing. I have a blackened one with a gold link. It's pretty robust despite what I may have said, but I put my things through a true beating. Most people, it's a non-issue.
This was mine, but since they are custom,.I got mine in the medium thickness links:

Thanks!!!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate this style probably isn't "SF Approved" but I had a custom ring made by Mindoner. He does custom rings, pendants etc and his work is good quality.

Obviously much of his stuff is graffiti inspired but I believe he's open to whatever.

My ring is one that was made for Danielle Oss and his crew for the Just Ride series and as an avid road cyclist and fan of Oss it's a fun one for me.

https://instagram.com/mindoner

Next purchase for me is likely the ball chain bracelet from Good Art.

Attachments

• 20201002_104656.jpg
    20201002_104656.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is going to be one of threads where I love how awesome everything looks but live vicariously through others because I don't feel like anything fits with how I normally dress. Which is less expensive in the long run, I guess.

Case in point, I think the Ryu necklace from Kei Shigenaga looks amazing... but I would feel like it would look really out of place on me.

Ryu_Top_a6aaf030-0cee-455a-b22a-0c0cd01bbafd_700x.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-455a-b22a-0c0cd01bbafd_700x.jpg?v=1568751316

Last edited:

hobojones

Reaction score
Yeah i had my eye on that necklace too.

For me, i feel like i have to accept the fact that i’m not much of a jewelry guy. I have a bunch of werkstatt rings and a bracelet and other misc rings and i hardly ever wear them. This is amplified even moreso by covid lol. Every time i think about dipping my toe into kei shigenaga i cant really justify spending $1k on something i’ll wear less than a dozen times a year.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah i had my eye on that necklace too.

For me, i feel like i have to accept the fact that i’m not much of a jewelry guy. I have a bunch of werkstatt rings and a bracelet and other misc rings and i hardly ever wear them. This is amplified even moreso by covid lol. Every time i think about dipping my toe into kei shigenaga i cant really justify spending $1k on something i’ll wear less than a dozen times a year.

The opposite fact is why I like jewelry. I wear all my jewelry 24/7, and only take my ring and watch off sometimes when showering/playing video games because they get in the way. They accessorize every outfit, in my opinion.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The opposite fact is why I like jewelry. I wear all my jewelry 24/7, and only take my ring and watch off sometimes when showering/playing video games because they get in the way. They accessorize every outfit, in my opinion.
Same. Unless I’m working out or in lounge clothes, I wear my Good Art pendants on a wallet Paracord lanyard and a series of rubber biscuits and/or stretchy pants bracelets

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Conversely, I've been wearing my jewelry even more working from home because it adds another layer "this is my work stuff" and taking it off when I'm done helps me transition into home time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads