• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you feel weird wearing 22k? I understand 24k which is why it’s never used for jewelry, but apparently 22k gold is the norm for jewelry in India.
It just feels very soft to me, and ovelrly prone to warping. Could be purely my perception though It's not like I have a lot of it. I do like the look, in moderation.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i feel like if i go for it i should go full gold, but its 5.5k :O

I'm going to inquire with good art about making an 18k gold version, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.
is 22k gold that much nicer looking/quality than 18k? i've never owned any gold.

The full gold 22k Frida is actually $6500, $8500 filled with black diamonds.
It's $5800 in 18k gold, $7800 filled with black diamonds.
We order these quite often at Self Edge for clients as it's one of the best selling rings in gold, let us know if you need one.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The full gold 22k Frida is actually $6500, $8500 filled with black diamonds.
It's $5800 in 18k gold, $7800 filled with black diamonds.
We order these quite often at Self Edge for clients as it's one of the best selling rings in gold, let us know if you need one.

Not sure if you read my concerns above, and all the other people commenting about how 22k is very malleable and not for daily wear. Would you like to chip in?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if you read my concerns above, and all the other people commenting about how 22k is very malleable and not for daily wear. Would you like to chip in?

On a ring such as the Frida you don't have to worry about warping or bending, that won't happen due to how heavy the shank of the ring is. But over time you will see more dents and scratches in a 22k ring compared to a 18k ring. If you're the type that wants to keep the jewelry looking new for a longer period of time then go for 18k, if you're the type that likes to see the dents and scratches and patina that gold takes on then go for 22k.
Don't be worried about any "damage" that could take place on a 22k ring, that's literally impossible on a ring that's shaped like most of Good Art's rings.

Also, for about 7 years we've been selling Good Art and Neff Goldsmith 22k jewelry with zero problems, you can definitely wear 22k gold daily as long as you're ok with seeing more dents/scratches over time.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a ring such as the Frida you don't have to worry about warping or bending, that won't happen due to how heavy the shank of the ring is. But over time you will see more dents and scratches in a 22k ring compared to a 18k ring. If you're the type that wants to keep the jewelry looking new for a longer period of time then go for 18k, if you're the type that likes to see the dents and scratches and patina that gold takes on then go for 22k.
Don't be worried about any "damage" that could take place on a 22k ring, that's literally impossible on a ring that's shaped like most of Good Art's rings.

Also, for about 7 years we've been selling Good Art and Neff Goldsmith 22k jewelry with zero problems, you can definitely wear 22k gold daily as long as you're ok with seeing more dents/scratches over time.
that’s what I was curious about mostly. Thanks for clearing it up. I’m fine with scratches, but not fine with warping.

yeah I am fine with that, and my good buddy excel just recommended I get it polished every decade or so ?

good art is making me poor. I think I got my first piece a couple months ago, and now I got a bracelet, necklace, pendant, belt loop buddy, and soon to be 22k ring ??‍♂️

Also, do you happen to know if the “small feather pendant” will fit on a pequeno a mano chain?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A photo of part of our (my wife and I..) collection...

IMG_2350.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A photo of part of our (my wife and I..) collection...

View attachment 1384329
Good collection.

Man, I need to put up a picture like this. I wear a bunch of pendants on my belt - Styleforum team’s honeypot with a spoon, a mini-rosette with black diamond, and a sacred heart, and most recently, received a Spanish cross with a sapphire (my birthstone) on a long steel wallet chain which also holds my watch in a Fob (Usually a vintage Omega chronograph) My everyday wrist wear is a “Styleforum Approved” fabric stretch band with 3 separate “rubber biscuits” on it: heart rosette, cutout rosette, and regular rosette. The fabric bands with a Good Art silver rubber biscuits thing are prototypes for a little giveaway Contest thing still being created for the Styleforum community.

My wife wears a Viva bracelet and a #1 chain with some combination of a Jimmy sacred heart cross, a sacred heart, and locket in which she carries a note from me. The bulk of what have comes from @kiya - great service and stores. My oldest piece is from 2014, and is busted, but it was a white leather snap bracelet to remember a rather rough time by. Never forget the tough times so you appreciate the good, or something like that.

@kiya - what is that thing at the end of the leather. Looks like a keeper or something? I’m paranoid about wearing leather our metal around my neck, but maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kiya - what is that thing at the end of the leather. Looks like a keeper or something? I’m paranoid about wearing leather our metal around my neck, but maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

That's a bit confusing in the photo because the leather isn't set up to be worn. The ring looking thing with the two holes is how you close the end of the leather necklace when it's being worn.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a bit confusing in the photo because the leather isn't set up to be worn. The ring looking thing with the two holes is how you close the end of the leather necklace when it's being worn.
Hmm... may need that! We’ll see.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ended up copping the 22k frida from madlords for a nice 1k discount :D will be here in 4-6 weeks. Will post photos on hand when it arrives

I'm going to look like johnny depp pretty soon... how much jewelry is toooo much? xD

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ended up copping the 22k frida from madlords for a nice 1k discount :D will be here in 4-6 weeks. Will post photos on hand when it arrives

I'm going to look like johnny depp pretty soon... how much jewelry is toooo much? xD
Nice, but you gotta support our own next time! The guys are Madlords are nice though - I have aTobias Wistisen bracelet from them.

i sorta disperse my jewelry so that it's barely noticieable - like Good Art for 3Sixteen lacelocks on the AF1s I am wearing right now. https://www.selfedge.com/sweaters-hoodies?product_id=2012

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, but you gotta support our own next time! The guys are Madlords are nice though - I have aTobias Wistisen bracelet from them.

i sorta disperse my jewelry so that it's barely noticieable - like Good Art for 3Sixteen lacelocks on the AF1s I am wearing right now. https://www.selfedge.com/sweaters-hoodies?product_id=2012

I do support self edge. I’ve boughten all of my Neff goldsmith from them :). Unfortunately I can’t pass up on a 1k discount.

how do you like Tobias jewelry? I’m always looking out for new brands. Kei Shige is on my radar atm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads