• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think people here have probably seen, but Self Edge just picked up Kei Shigenaga. Previously, the company only did pre-orders, such that you would have to order something and wait for them to make it. That took about 4 to 6 weeks, but I think that wait time is now extended. The wait time wasn't so much of an issue, at least for me, as the inability to return things. Kei would take stuff back to resize, but everything was essentially final sale. All the stores that carried them had the same policy because no one was carrying stock (you were just working through an intermediary).

Anyway, now there's a stockist in the US. I believe the store just got two more items in, but those aren't yet on the website. I imagine that's coming in the next couple of weeks. I heard they're also getting more models this season.

IMO, one of the cooler jewelry brands to come out in a while. I've been surprised by how well this stuff works across a range of wardrobes. Goes pretty naturally with dark, modern stuff, but also looks good with Self Edge type workwear.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I came across his stuff on Unconventional over here in the UK and have been tempted.

Valfunde

Reaction score
Some goodies came in recently. Thanks to Kiya and Guy.

unnamed.jpg

Valfunde

Reaction score
how do you like the frida ring? im contemplating either getting it in the two-tone or the full gold version, and i just cant decide.
Liking it a lot. Fits well with the wardrobe I have and has a nice size shape to it that's not fully skinny or large but a nice taper.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel like if i go for it i should go full gold, but its 5.5k :O

I'm going to inquire with good art about making an 18k gold version, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.
is 22k gold that much nicer looking/quality than 18k? i've never owned any gold.

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to inquire with good art about making an 18k gold version, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.
is 22k gold that much nicer looking/quality than 18k? i've never owned any gold.
It's purer gold. I'm not really a fan of yellow gold, so would never go that high in gold content personally. The more gold content it has the more malleable it is too.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want good everyday wear, stick with 14k (avoid 10k because that's not even 50% gold). 18k is fine if a little more scratch prone but higher in the 22-24k range, the piece can show wear very easily because the metal is soft.

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

22 carat yellow gold has a much richer yellow color than 18K. It's also super soft. Honestly, I feel weird wearing 22K. It's very, very, soft. My personal preference, just as a matter of practicality, and because I really like the look, would be to do two tone, but that's clearly your perogative.

I have a 24 K gold ingot, and also a little statue, from my wedding (traditional Chinese wedding gifts) and they feel nearly like playdoh, they are so soft.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
22 carat yellow gold has a much richer yellow color than 18K. It's also super soft. Honestly, I feel weird wearing 22K. It's very, very, soft. My personal preference, just as a matter of practicality, and because I really like the look, would be to do two tone, but that's clearly your perogative.

I have a 24 K gold ingot, and also a little statue, from my wedding (traditional Chinese wedding gifts) and they feel nearly like playdoh, they are so soft.

Why do you feel weird wearing 22k? I understand 24k which is why it’s never used for jewelry, but apparently 22k gold is the norm for jewelry in India.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads