• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Is the Good Art jewelry oxidized? Or, is that the patina it developed over time?

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Anyone a fan of these type of bracelets?
DAECD3F1-CF87-48C4-8F16-0E209582A993.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw someone else posting what they had for sale earlier, so hoping it is okay to do here. Selling the Self Edge Silver Feather Necklace that has been mentioned.

It's 925 silver fully handcarved by J.Mace (Navajo, over 25 years as a silversmith). Retails for $195 from Self Edge. Asking $90 shipped CONUS.
View attachment 1438123 View attachment 1438124
You need to make a posting in B&S immediately and link to it, or this will be deleted. Thanks,

Fok.

gnu

Reaction score
Doing some COVID cleaning and decided to let go of my Larry Smith Kazekiri feather necklace set. I've tried, I'm just not a jewelry guy so it has literally no wear. Open to offers.

IMG_2391.JPG

Vickt

Reaction score
It's nice, but I both have and have handled Werkstatt Munchen jewelry, and I can already see the structural flaws in that piece. It's too bad, because it's a nice piece otherwise. But at their prices, I find fundamental structural issues unacceptable. In the same category,Tobias Wistensen is just better made. I will say though, that for just excellent finishing, that Good Art is one of only a few outfits I know who can be said to be in the same class as a Cartier or an Hermes.

How is your Henson cage bracelet holding up, Fok? I was thinking of getting that or the bead wrap from them, but in the product picture it looks like some links aren’t completely joined like some other brands you’ve criticized. The bead wrap links look even more fragile to me, and I just know my daughter is going to hang from anything I put on my wrist...

492FA6E7-18C9-4038-8F9D-8E93C2EEA63E.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is your Henson cage bracelet holding up, Fok? I was thinking of getting that or the bead wrap from them, but in the product picture it looks like some links aren’t completely joined like some other brands you’ve criticized. The bead wrap links look even more fragile to me, and I just know my daughter is going to hang from anything I put on my wrist...

View attachment 1457188

The joins are disappointing. The problem with very small outfits. They lack the equipment to get the temperatures high enough to basically have no practical difference in the strengh of the joins vs anywhere else on the links.

I really love the design, but because of the natire of small makers, the soldered joins are always weaker than what an Hermes, or a Good Art (owns its onw factoru) can do.

They actuall did full joins for me, but some of them just broke with not a lot of flex.. The cage is still very strong, but it was sport of a bummer.

If you really want jewelry that you could basically belay using, try the Hermes Chaine d'ancre in the GM or TGM size. I have both, and wear the GM a lot more, as the TGM is very heavy (over 110 g bvs about 75 g) and is pretty blingy. The GM size is great.

Vickt

Reaction score
The joins are disappointing. The problem with very small outfits. They lack the equipment to get the temperatures high enough to basically have no practical difference in the strengh of the joins vs anywhere else on the links.

I really love the design, but because of the natire of small makers, the soldered joins are always weaker than what an Hermes, or a Good Art (owns its onw factoru) can do.

They actuall did full joins for me, but some of them just broke with not a lot of flex.. The cage is still very strong, but it was sport of a bummer.

If you really want jewelry that you could basically belay using, try the Hermes Chaine d'ancre in the GM or TGM size. I have both, and wear the GM a lot more, as the TGM is very heavy (over 110 g bvs about 75 g) and is pretty blingy. The GM size is great.

Hmm, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the review. I was looking at the Model 10 and the Hermès, but I guess they are twice the price for a reason. I know you said the chaine d’ancre looks better beat up, but I still can’t see myself wearing it. I’ll probably end up going with Tobias Wistisen or sticking with GA.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the review. I was looking at the Model 10 and the Hermès, but I guess they are twice the price for a reason. I know you said the chaine d’ancre looks better beat up, but I still can’t see myself wearing it. I’ll probably end up going with Tobias Wistisen or sticking with GA.

Good Art is pretty great. However, the lock is not as tight or strong as some people think - and I had a size C, which I returned for credit. I could easlly pull on the lock and get it open. I know that it's touted as super strong, but the Hermes style closure, and especially the specific Hermes T bar closure, which is incredibly beefy, is wwwwaaay stronger. If you need something a little girl can hang off of, that's the bracelet for you. I Would wager that you could do curls with her hanging with no damage to the closure. I run my stuff rough, and I've not seen a silver piece of jewelry that is so tough, from a company hardly known for toughn products.

I have some Tobias Wistensen, and like it.

Vickt

Reaction score
Good Art is pretty great. However, the lock is not as tight or strong as some people think - and I had a size C, which I returned for credit. I could easlly pull on the lock and get it open. I know that it's touted as super strong, but the Hermes style closure, and especially the specific Hermes T bar closure, which is incredibly beefy, is wwwwaaay stronger. If you need something a little girl can hang off of, that's the bracelet for you. I Would wager that you could do curls with her hanging with no damage to the closure. I run my stuff rough, and I've not seen a silver piece of jewelry that is so tough, from a company hardly known for toughn products.

I have some Tobias Wistensen, and like it.

I feel like I have to buy the Hermès now if only just to see why you love it so much. I know nothing about Hermès sizing though. Is GM the medium size? What is the T in TGM? Is it this model?

My wrist is maybe a hair under 7”. Would the size 16 at 8.2” chain length be good? I don’t really want to wear it super loose like in the Hermès model pic... how does yours fit?

Edit: I’m guessing GM is actually the large, and the inside circumference is probably what I need to look at not total length since half the links sit perpendicular.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like I have to buy the Hermès now if only just to see why you love it so much. I know nothing about Hermès sizing though. Is GM the medium size? What is the T in TGM? Is it this model?

My wrist is maybe a hair under 7”. Would the size 16 at 8.2” chain length be good? I don’t really want to wear it super loose like in the Hermès model pic... how does yours fit?

Edit: I’m guessing GM is actually the large, and the inside circumference is probably what I need to look at not total length since half the links sit perpendicular.
GM = grand moyen = large
TGM = tres grand moyen = x-large

My wrist measures about 7.2”, and I wear a size 13 in the GM I think, and one down in the TGM. I like the GM more for fit, but it’s tricky to get on because of the size of the mechanism, but once it’s on, if it’s not loose, is very comfortable, but you’ll have to strangle your arm to get it on.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of wanting a new necklace/chain to wear daily; something versatile. Any suggestions? Or, anyone maybe looking to get rid of one or more of your own?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads