• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think people here have probably seen, but Self Edge just picked up Kei Shigenaga. Previously, the company only did pre-orders, such that you would have to order something and wait for them to make it. That took about 4 to 6 weeks, but I think that wait time is now extended. The wait time wasn't so much of an issue, at least for me, as the inability to return things. Kei would take stuff back to resize, but everything was essentially final sale. All the stores that carried them had the same policy because no one was carrying stock (you were just working through an intermediary).

Anyway, now there's a stockist in the US. I believe the store just got two more items in, but those aren't yet on the website. I imagine that's coming in the next couple of weeks. I heard they're also getting more models this season.

IMO, one of the cooler jewelry brands to come out in a while. I've been surprised by how well this stuff works across a range of wardrobes. Goes pretty naturally with dark, modern stuff, but also looks good with Self Edge type workwear.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I came across his stuff on Unconventional over here in the UK and have been tempted.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Anybody have a chain recommendation to go with Good Art’s St. Christopher pendent? I’d love one of GA’s but they’re currently out of my price range. I was thinking under $150.

Komuga

Reaction score

Valfunde

Reaction score
how do you like the frida ring? im contemplating either getting it in the two-tone or the full gold version, and i just cant decide.
Liking it a lot. Fits well with the wardrobe I have and has a nice size shape to it that's not fully skinny or large but a nice taper.

Komuga

Reaction score
i feel like if i go for it i should go full gold, but its 5.5k :O

I'm going to inquire with good art about making an 18k gold version, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.
is 22k gold that much nicer looking/quality than 18k? i've never owned any gold.

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to inquire with good art about making an 18k gold version, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper.
is 22k gold that much nicer looking/quality than 18k? i've never owned any gold.
It's purer gold. I'm not really a fan of yellow gold, so would never go that high in gold content personally. The more gold content it has the more malleable it is too.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want good everyday wear, stick with 14k (avoid 10k because that's not even 50% gold). 18k is fine if a little more scratch prone but higher in the 22-24k range, the piece can show wear very easily because the metal is soft.

Last edited:

Komuga

Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

22 carat yellow gold has a much richer yellow color than 18K. It's also super soft. Honestly, I feel weird wearing 22K. It's very, very, soft. My personal preference, just as a matter of practicality, and because I really like the look, would be to do two tone, but that's clearly your perogative.

I have a 24 K gold ingot, and also a little statue, from my wedding (traditional Chinese wedding gifts) and they feel nearly like playdoh, they are so soft.

Komuga

Reaction score
22 carat yellow gold has a much richer yellow color than 18K. It's also super soft. Honestly, I feel weird wearing 22K. It's very, very, soft. My personal preference, just as a matter of practicality, and because I really like the look, would be to do two tone, but that's clearly your perogative.

I have a 24 K gold ingot, and also a little statue, from my wedding (traditional Chinese wedding gifts) and they feel nearly like playdoh, they are so soft.
Why do you feel weird wearing 22k? I understand 24k which is why it’s never used for jewelry, but apparently 22k gold is the norm for jewelry in India.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.