• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

asandman

Reaction score
new to the reproduction clothing area, so apologies if this is a controversial question:

How far apart are items from Bronson vs. Real McCoy's in terms of quality? I'm interested in picking up an M-65 field jacket, but for something that's a bit of a style experiment/outside of my normal wheelhouse $150 is a lot more palatable than $850...
If you're looking for an M-65, why not go vintage? You should be able to find one even cheaper than the Bronson.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new to the reproduction clothing area, so apologies if this is a controversial question:

How far apart are items from Bronson vs. Real McCoy's in terms of quality? I'm interested in picking up an M-65 field jacket, but for something that's a bit of a style experiment/outside of my normal wheelhouse $150 is a lot more palatable than $850...
One caveat about Bronson - after a wash and accidental hot dry (meant to just hit ‘air dry’) my A-1 from them still had a unique smell, vaguely insecticidal. Of course it was too small at this point so I practically gave it away. The goatskin still looked and felt great though, and no issues with the sewing quality and fit on this piece.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I LOVE my RMC m-65 and wouldn't get another brand after trying on a few others. It fits perfectly on me. I would wait for them to release the new one this season and buy from Japan so it'll be a bit cheaper (~$600).

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Cheapest is https://www.celluloid1984.com/ because they ship direct, use paypal, and tax off tax. Once it releases, click "Start Overseas Shipping Service." You tell them the size and item you want. They'll take off the tax and add like $35 for shipping and you'll have it in 3 days. Barnstormer will be a bit more because of proxy fees.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Another couple shots of the Anatomica 618s and their maiden voyage. In hindsight, the off center buckle bothers me....

20230527_194414.jpg

20230527_194508.jpg

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Grabbed a Joe McCoy sawtooth shirt at Signet Store, same lovely denim as the Joe McCoy workshirt I sold off a while ago, very pleased!

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Looking good, who makes the boots?

Heritage Boot. Very good boots but I wish they'd make round toes. Only french toe or snip toes in their catalog.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Heritage Boot. Very good boots but I wish they'd make round toes. Only french toe or snip toes in their catalog.

Ah, I've looked at Heritage before. I agree I wish they'd do round toe as well but the French toe still looks good on your pair!

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
What's you guys' take on a versatile pair of black footwear? I've considered Wheel Robe ptbs and moc toe shoes as well as Grant Stone chelseas (which seem just slightly too sleek). I'd wear it with both dressy/business casual/ivy fits and more workwear fits too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads