• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

jea90

Reaction score
I got a Whitesville hoodie passes the test with flying colors. I absolutely love it

7wTeOMr.jpg

Ended up snagging the medium and overall decent, but a tad big. Have you tried putting yours in a dryer/if so, did it shrink a lot? I cold washed and line dried it, but was considering throwing it in the machine to shrink it a little more.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Nice! After a few washes the green really starts to come out.
I want them to stay this color as long as I can so I will be washing less frequently. I doubt I will wash the jacket unless absolutely necessary.

bergbooty

Reaction score
I want them to stay this color as long as I can so I will be washing less frequently. I doubt I will wash the jacket unless absolutely necessary.
Makes sense. Happy to share a pic of mine this weekend when I have some time just for reference.

bztooth

Reaction score
Any guesses about when The Real McCoy's spring stuff will be available to buy?

Egdon Heath

Reaction score

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Any guesses about when The Real McCoy's spring stuff will be available to buy?
It's loading up on the main website so I suspect the stockists will get their first shipments in the next few weeks. Educated guess, however, but Lost & Found said as much.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Been wearing a few of my loopwheeled sweats while running. Very breathable and good windbreaking ability..

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Buyee to buy something from japan? Like barnstormer or celluloid?

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Buyee to buy something from japan? Like barnstormer or celluloid?
Not Barnstormer or Celluloid but I have bought some denim from the Clever Webstore (https://clever-id.com/) through Yahoo Japan using Buyee.

i have also used them for several auctions and everything went smoothly.

Here is a longer explanation:

It is pretty straight forward. You win the auction or buy the item. You will receive an email. You will be billed for the original item, a proxy service fee, and domestic shipping from the seller to the proxy.

The proxy service fee depends on the cost of the item for example on a 25 dollar item I paid 3 dollars on a 250 dollar item I paid 18 dollars. There is optional rate fee of 5 dollars to look over your delivery to see what condition it arrived in.

Once the proxy receives your item you will receive another email asking about how you want the item shipped. The standard rate to the east coast is usually around 25-35 dollars via EMS, meaning it arrives within a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads