• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Olde Homesteader? I kinda like their knits but wondering their feel since I haven't gotten a hold of any

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a Whitesville hoodie passes the test with flying colors. I absolutely love it

7wTeOMr.jpg

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Picked up an Iron Heart UHF (insane how much heavier and denser it is than my Sugar Cane flannel) and a 21oz type 3 style jacket; not something I would have bought online but damn it's fresh! Reminds me of my old Schott leather jacket in fit and feel, I'll post some pics soon!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up an Iron Heart UHF (insane how much heavier and denser it is than my Sugar Cane flannel) and a 21oz type 3 style jacket; not something I would have bought online but damn it's fresh! Reminds me of my old Schott leather jacket in fit and feel, I'll post some pics soon!
Soft too! That's a quintessential Iron Heart product you'll enjoy for many years

Arseweazel99

Reaction score
Hi all, fyi for anyone searching for that holy grail of a RM 2016 demotex alpaca deck zip there is one currently listed on MARKKT size 40.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I am STOKED. Made a deal for that TRM M-65 First Type that was on eBay. Meeting up today to grab it. Wearing it all week.

I also got the Iron Heart 18oz overdyed CPO and it is SICK. Such a nice piece. In my opinion, no one is making garments that fit as well as IH is.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I am STOKED. Made a deal for that TRM M-65 First Type that was on eBay. Meeting up today to grab it. Wearing it all week.

I also got the Iron Heart 18oz overdyed CPO and it is SICK. Such a nice piece. In my opinion, no one is making garments that fit as well as IH is.
TRM M-65 is awesome, glad you were able to scoop one. I love the fit of IH as well but wish the sleeves were a bit shorter. Other than that, they have their patterns down for sure.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
TRM M-65 is awesome, glad you were able to scoop one. I love the fit of IH as well but wish the sleeves were a bit shorter. Other than that, they have their patterns down for sure.
The only M-65 I wanted was the First Type M-65. I had and sold the IH version and the new TRM version seems similarly fitting and similar fabrics.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It really is an incredible piece. Here's mine after a year or so of wear

Attachments

• 20230213_142312.jpg
    20230213_142312.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 135

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Anyone got the Real McCoy’s Deerskin Vest? I think that’s going to be my heavy purchase when I go to Tokyo in April. Wanted to hear some thoughts 😬

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got the Real McCoy’s Deerskin Vest? I think that’s going to be my heavy purchase when I go to Tokyo in April. Wanted to hear some thoughts 😬
I have the black/black one from last season. It's a nice vest, only leather one I have so not much to compare it to. Doesn't blow me away like some of the leather jackets I've purchased though

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I have the black/black one from last season. It's a nice vest, only leather one I have so not much to compare it to. Doesn't blow me away like some of the leather jackets I've purchased though
Do you find it hard to wear or does it work in easily with other outfits? I've never worn a vest in my life aside from my Bar Mitzvah.

Cobra

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone made any direct comparisons between the same products from different brands (e.g. an N-1 from Real Mccoy's vs. Buzz Rickson's)?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone made any direct comparisons between the same products from different brands (e.g. an N-1 from Real Mccoy's vs. Buzz Rickson's)?
I've owned the Iron Heart ($750-Size L) and Real McCoy's ($775-Size 40) N-1 Jackets.

I FAR prefer the RMC version and the fit. I prefer the slash pockets to the IH outer pockets. Looks cleaner, too. The IH waxed olive N-1 looks better than the black because it has the same slash pockets as the OG. I really want to try that one on. But on the whole, the RMC has a better fit. IH seems more oversized. A 42 worked as well with the RMC, but being in LA I don't need it that big for layering more than a sweater or shirt.

RMC sleeves are perfect length so my watch can show and I don't need to move the sleeves to see it. IH sleeves were too long across multiple sizes.

RMC also has alpaca lined in the sleeves while IH does not.

A note about pricing: Early in COVID, the RMC went up to ~$915 (and I couldn't justify so I got the IH), but went back down to $775 in the summer when the Yen tanked and that's when I bought it from S&S in NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics