• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

jmiller123

Reaction score
They're out of my size in every single Warehouse denim so no luck there.

I am eyeballing TCB's S40 denim as an alternative as the measurements and price look pretty good.

Now that is one high rise. I've never handled TCB but everything I've read seems positive

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're out of my size in every single Warehouse denim so no luck there.

I am eyeballing TCB's S40 denim as an alternative as the measurements and price look pretty good.

I have those. True high rise. Think over the hips high rise, like vintage chinos and military fatigues.

Here is a few shots of me wearing them :

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that is one high rise. I've never handled TCB but everything I've read seems positive

1670478361685.png

schraiber

Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to Tokyo in February and I'm thinking of asking him to proxy me some stuff while he's there. Any suggestions on good shops that are there? I'd like to give him a big ass list of things in case my size isn't available etc

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@schraiber @Jerkstore The list is dependant on what you like. I can just name names but I don't know that it's going to be useful. Do you want to start me off by telling me brand aesthetic you like?

---

Also, I bought a pair of Century denim jeans online for cheap cheap. Then Rakuten did a 10% off campaign and I decided to buy a second pair in a different colorway.

Here they are

So before any strech occurs they are kind of eating away at ****** crack, but it's not uncomfortable so I presume it will even itself out. I find the straight leg cut is insanely good. I did not expect to like the cut this much.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
@schraiber @Jerkstore The list is dependant on what you like. I can just name names but I don't know that it's going to be useful. Do you want to start me off by telling me brand aesthetic you like?

Honestly, in the day or two I looked into it, it just seems best to go to the brand stores I am into (TRM, Iron Heart) and make a stop at Hinoya for some more variety. I think by the time I get there I will be focused on buying as much TRM as I can. Going in October also means I can buy the FW23 Iron Heart for a nice discount. Otherwise I was going to be a fly on the wall and mark down whatever people suggest and research if it's worth going. I pushed Tokyo from 4 days to 6 days so my wife/partner/baby momma doesn't get pissed if I spend a day looking for reprowear. She agreed it was smart.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

---

Also, I bought a pair of Century denim jeans online for cheap cheap. Then Rakuten did a 10% off campaign and I decided to buy a second pair in a different colorway.

Here they are

So before any strech occurs they are kind of eating away at ****** crack, but it's not uncomfortable so I presume it will even itself out. I find the straight leg cut is insanely good. I did not expect to like the cut this much.

How do you like them? What's the cut like?

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like them? What's the cut like?

I love them. The cut is mid rise straight, but it's not baggy. I sized "up" to 36 from my usual western pant size, but it's the right size for me given measurements.

Honestly, in the day or two I looked into it, it just seems best to go to the brand stores I am into (TRM, Iron Heart) and make a stop at Hinoya for some more variety. I think by the time I get there I will be focused on buying as much TRM as I can. Going in October also means I can buy the FW23 Iron Heart for a nice discount. Otherwise I was going to be a fly on the wall and mark down whatever people suggest and research if it's worth going. I pushed Tokyo from 4 days to 6 days so my wife/partner/baby momma doesn't get pissed if I spend a day looking for reprowear. She agreed it was smart.

Yeah RMC and Iron Heart will be the deepest discounts you can get. Those brands are somewhat harder to proxy than most other.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I love them. The cut is mid rise straight, but it's not baggy. I sized "up" to 36 from my usual western pant size, but it's the right size for me given measurements.

Yeah RMC and Iron Heart will be the deepest discounts you can get. Those brands are somewhat harder to proxy than most other.
I am too timid to try a proxy. I just bother a friend who lives in China. If you live in the states, by far the best place to buy Iron Heart is ironheartgermany.com. Lost&Found in Vancouver has become my sport for RMC.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

---

Here they are

Welcome to the fam! Where did you buy them from?

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am too timid to try a proxy. I just bother a friend who lives in China. If you live in the states, by far the best place to buy Iron Heart is ironheartgermany.com. Lost&Found in Vancouver has become my sport for RMC.

They have a Vancouver store? I thought they were only in Toronto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads