• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Klax-On, famous for their The Strike Gold product line, launched a global webshop

I have the oatmeal hoodie and it's the single best piece of loopwheeled clothing I ever laid my hands on. Someday I plan on getting the crew neck in indigo and grey, as well as a black hoodie.

Do note that it shrank a bunch length wise. Width wise not as much.

This is the latest and earliest picture of it that I have. Size L(40). I tend to question the width measurements because this is like 54 cm P2P which is bigger than the listed L (40) size, after shrinkage :

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Klax-On, famous for their The Strike Gold product line, launched a global webshop
Really wanted to try and get their tees in Tokyo but couldn’t find a stockist. Heard only good things about the tees and hoodies despite running very small.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wanted to try and get their tees in Tokyo but couldn’t find a stockist. Heard only good things about the tees and hoodies despite running very small.

Honnestly, I don't think they run as small as they're listed to.

What's your take on this @upsett1_spaghett1 ?

Edit: @Mghart I measured my L(40) sweatshirt
Pit to pit : 22 inches
Front length : 21.5
Back length : 23.75
Sleeves, shirt style from middle of back : 33.5

Last edited:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say that they run a size small. I’d go up one size from your usual “US size” for intended fit, normal size for a tighter fit

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah thanks for posting those. I might be able to pull off an XL (42) then. Length is the thing that always gets me since I have a longer torso.. but for the price in Yen its worth a shot. I ended up getting an RMC loopwheel hoody in Tokyo, as my previous ones were non-loopwheel and the heft and hand are night and day.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah thanks for posting those. I might be able to pull off an XL (42) then. Length is the thing that always gets me since I have a longer torso.. but for the price in Yen its worth a shot. I ended up getting an RMC loopwheel hoody in Tokyo, as my previous ones were non-loopwheel and the heft and hand are night and day.

I though you liked high rise pants and short jackets.
Anyway I’m likely getting a black hoodie next.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I though you liked high rise pants and short jackets.
Anyway I’m likely getting a black hoodie next.
Oh I do, but sometimes garments like sweat/hoodies or knits are still too short for me despite high rise trousers. Case in point, I have a few 30's Red Cross vests that I size up in mostly for the added length cause they run super short.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I do, but sometimes garments like sweat/hoodies or knits are still too short for me despite high rise trousers. Case in point, I have a few 30's Red Cross vests that I size up in mostly for the added length cause they run super short.

What's your ideal back length?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the TRMC? It's the most luxe sweatshirt I've owned. I find their hoodie to be better than the crew sweatshirt for whatever reason

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your ideal back length?
I would agree with @peachfuzzmcgee 23.5" to 25 or so is ideal. Depends on the fabric and what the garment is though. Tees need to big a little longer to tuck in however as I never really wear even a tee untucked.

What do you think of the TRMC? It's the most luxe sweatshirt I've owned. I find their hoodie to be better than the crew sweatshirt for whatever reason
This new loopwheel hoodie I got from RMC is really quite nice. I did find the crew version forwhatever reason feels thinner and maybe not as plush? I have a zip crew in loopwheel fabric I got in Tokyo in 2019 that I like a lot too. I had the Ball Park crew sweat that wasn't loopwheeled and actually didn't care for the fabric as much. Felt rough in comparison. I have two other Joe McCoy hoodies that aren't loopwheeled that are nice, but the difference in fabric quality is definitely noticeable. Not as expensive though and a good basic hoodie. I'm just a sucker for these things and I'll make an excuse to buy them though as they're just nice to have around for a simple layer.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
Fullcount is running a "lucky bag" promotion. Preordering starts on the 1st of December There are 3 types:

"1. Christmas Lucky Bag (3× the price)

A lucky bag of tops, bottoms, and accessories at random!
There are three types of amounts: $300, $600, and $1000.
You can also choose from 4 sizes (S,M,L,XL).

2. B-products Lucky Bag

Lucky bag of B-products that could not be sold normally due to scratches and stains etc.. on the fabric.

*We pick up "B" items that have no problem to be worn. However, please order only if you can accept scratches and stains etc..

Get $1000 worth of items for only $200!

3. $5,000 Special Lucky Bag
Limited to one item
It contains $15,000 worth of goods!
About 50 items

After you order, you can choose the size you want."

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fullcount is running a "lucky bag" promotion. Preordering starts on the 1st of December There are 3 types:

"1. Christmas Lucky Bag (3× the price)

A lucky bag of tops, bottoms, and accessories at random!
There are three types of amounts: $300, $600, and $1000.
You can also choose from 4 sizes (S,M,L,XL).

2. B-products Lucky Bag

Lucky bag of B-products that could not be sold normally due to scratches and stains etc.. on the fabric.

*We pick up "B" items that have no problem to be worn. However, please order only if you can accept scratches and stains etc..

Get $1000 worth of items for only $200!

3. $5,000 Special Lucky Bag
Limited to one item
It contains $15,000 worth of goods!
About 50 items

After you order, you can choose the size you want."
Man, these things always sound cool in theory but I feel like many times you get stuck with a bunch of crap you can't use.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a tall boy and for me 23.5 to 25.5 is my ideal for a lot of jacket types

23.5" to 25 or so is ideal. Depends on the fabric and what the garment is though. Tees need to big a little longer to tuck in however as I never really wear even a tee untucked.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough but we were in the middle of discussing sweatshirts.

So MG, what's your ideal back length for a sweatshirt?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough but we were in the middle of discussing sweatshirts.

So MG, what's your ideal back length for a sweatshirt?
Ah sorry. For sweatshirts the shortest I can do is 24”/61cm counting the rib at the hem. The recent crew I got from timeworn is that length and is a good balance. A little longer doesn’t hurt, maybe .5-1” is still good. I tend to prefer sweatshirts looser overall though too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics