• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Went with TCB's offering.

20221128_101436.jpg 20221128_101446.jpg

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Do you have an URL to this shirt? Looks good!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Warehouse 900XX came in today from BEARS Tokyo and they fit perfectly. I am a true 34" waist and shockingly had to buy a size 36 (Apparently I am a massive man in the land of the rising sun). S&S measurements were dead on. Shipped on 11/17 and arrived today so about 10 days in transit.

For $140 shipped, you really can't beat this especially when S&S is charging $230 and Self Edge $295! Also, if you are in NYC, ONLY Self Edge will carry Warehouse, so there's a $65 premium because Self Edge likes to protect its accounts.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Kopped a size 48. 💪

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Thanks! Kopped a size 48. 💪

I'm impressed with the quality considering the price point. If their black version gets back in stock, I'll def pick up one of those too.

Don't think I've posted these yet but got some Freewheeler RB denim a while ago, got a Rail Car hem and just now taking them on a maiden voyage. Really liking adding black into my wardrobe as well going for slim straight instead of the wider fitting pants I'd been getting.

20221128_133904.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the quality considering the price point. If their black version gets back in stock, I'll def pick up one of those too.

Don't think I've posted these yet but got some Freewheeler RB denim a while ago, got a Rail Car hem and just now taking them on a maiden voyage. Really liking adding black into my wardrobe as well going for slim straight instead of the wider fitting pants I'd been getting.

View attachment 1861837

Yeah TCB always had great value compared to most Japanese repro brands.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1861633 View attachment 1861634 View attachment 1861635
Check in with the Warehouse 1001xx in banner denim. These have 3-4 months of wear, and have probably 6 washes so far. Really loving these. They have gotten uniformly lighter in color and the fades are starting to come in. A great straight cut

My Warehouse "Duck Diggers" are my favorite pair of jeans that I own. However, every time I think of "Duck Digger" in my head it sounds like Ice-T yelling "Cop Killer" at the start of that eponymous song. 😅

Arseweazel99

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Freewheelers and Real McCoys Alpaca lining are both softer and finer than Buzz Rickson and Toys McCoys?
20221124_155526.jpg

jmiller123

Reaction score

View attachment 1861837
Those Freewheelers look great on you. I love mine but do have an issue with the back rise being too long, creating an unflattering profile from the side/back

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Freewheelers and Real McCoys Alpaca lining are both softer and finer than Buzz Rickson and Toys McCoys?
View attachment 1861871
Just recently received my BR N-1 and haven't noticed it being extra scratchy, though I've comfortably worn wool for many years. Charles over at History Preservation seems to think that BR has the most accurate reproduction, maybe they didn't have access to or the technology for the finer wools that are available now?

Arseweazel99

Reaction score
Just recently received my BR N-1 and haven't noticed it being extra scratchy, though I've comfortably worn wool for many years. Charles over at History Preservation seems to think that BR has the most accurate reproduction, maybe they didn't have access to or the technology for the finer wools that are available now?
Its not scratchy, its the piling is thicker on the BR and TM vs Freewheelers RMs where you can see its finer. Maybe thats how the originals were.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not scratchy, its the piling is thicker on the BR and TM vs Freewheelers RMs where you can see its finer. Maybe thats how the originals were.
Ah, okay. I think BR makes two versions, one heavier with thicker pile than the other. This is the one I got from HP, nice and cozy!

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the main reason I'm constantly rambling about them. The sizing is kind of finicky but man, the product is fantastic and it's not even expensive!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads