• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can also recommend Shoes Like Pottery. Very comfortable.

I've heard that all MiJ canvas sneakers come from the same factory. Do you know if there is any creedence to this claim? Not that it would mean they're all the same.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
I've heard that all MiJ canvas sneakers come from the same factory. Do you know if there is any creedence to this claim? Not that it would mean they're all the same.
I think Shoes like Pottery are different: they are made using an ancient kiln (the thing you used in grade school to make a mug) technique.

The kiln process isn't used to make the traditional canvas shoes made by the parent company of SLP, Moonstar. At least nothing I found indicated that they do.

I remember reading that Moonstar is contracted to make shoes for Buzz rickson and others during seasons they elect to make canvas shoes.

Reactions: XWT

Valfunde

Reaction score
A little plug before posting it on grills.

42 size Flat Head Delraiser for $1200 shipping included USA only though. Comes with the original box.

See link:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little plug before posting it on grills.

42 size Flat Head Delraiser for $1200 shipping included USA only though. Comes with the original box.

See link:

This thing looks sick

Valfunde

Reaction score
Another little plug but got a mister freedom lawrence jacket up on grills.

Styfo homies can get it $600.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the description, "Has stains. Take them or leave it. Leave it out in the sun or just wear it."

By the way these are water stains. A good wipe down with a wet rag, followed by a mild conditionning (a lot of people use Pecards or Bick 4. I use Canadian Bee Seal) and you'll never notice them again.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S

Seriously where were you like 2 years ago, I would've bought both of those jackets haha. I have a lawrence and another double rider now but dang those are great prices.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S

Seriously where were you like 2 years ago, I would've bought both of those jackets haha. I have a lawrence and another double rider now but dang those are great prices.

Post. Pics. Of. Your. Lawrence. Pretty please.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 12.53.44 PM.png

Just sent over an email to Simmons Bilt to start the process for a custom jacket based on this two lane blacktop jacket they ran with S&S. Really like this style

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1810360

Just sent over an email to Simmons Bilt to start the process for a custom jacket based on this two lane blacktop jacket they ran with S&S. Really like this style

I got nothing against Simmons Bilt but that seem like its' right up in Greg Fields alley. You should look him up he's a pretty neat guy.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got nothing against Simmons Bilt but that seem like its' right up in Greg Fields alley. You should look him up he's a pretty neat guy.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't his list over a year out now? He's doing fantastic work though especially for what he's charging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads