• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is what I mean by permanent cuff - as you can see it’s sewn up and there’s no way that any schmutz is going to get in there!

"Permanent" cuff is a no go for me. Schmutz or no schmutz, it's a hard pass.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assumed that for most if not all of you - I did say it was an outlier option

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL I have them on one pair but only because I realized what I had done after I hemmed the jeans and just said *******
IMG_0032.jpeg

espen

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the RMC denim cuts? Deciding between the Lot 001 and Lot 004. The 004’s a feel a bit more all purpose — I don’t really wear a ton of ultra chunky footwear that necessitates a wide leg opening. But curious to hear anyone’s thoughts!

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the RMC denim cuts? Deciding between the Lot 001 and Lot 004. The 004’s a feel a bit more all purpose — I don’t really wear a ton of ultra chunky footwear that necessitates a wide leg opening. But curious to hear anyone’s thoughts!
I have Lot 001XX jeans and it is basically Levi's 501 1955 cut. Straight leg, anti-fit seat, medium rise, boxier silhouette, definitely more biker/workwear style. To me Lot 004 is more all purpose jeans as well.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Speaking of cuffs: looking for a pair of khaki trousers with cuffs and crease and optionally pleated. Want to go for a slightly dressier workwear style and having trouble finding it.

At this point thinking about just getting another pair of BR 1942 chinos and sending them to Railcar to taper, crease and cuff but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions in the ~$200 range with good build quality.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shirt is fantastic! How would I got at getting one of those?
Thanks! This was all from Timeworn. From what I’ve heard, this one sound out rather quickly.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! This was all from Timeworn. From what I’ve heard, this one sound out rather quickly.

Yeah, I could tell. 1 because of the brand and 2 because that's most of what you post here 😅. Lets just say my question was more like "how does one get into the Timeworn club".

From what I’ve heard, this one sound out rather quickly.

No surprise here.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I could tell. 1 because of the brand and 2 because that's most of what you post here 😅. Lets just say my question was more like "how does one get into the Timeworn club".

No surprise here.
To be honest, the short answer is visit Japan and the shop in person. I got lucky and made a good contact my first trip out there and visited again the following year. Otherwise there’s a few shops online that regularly have second hand items.

• Sad
Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the short answer is visit Japan and the shop in person. I got lucky and made a good contact my first trip out there and visited again the following year. Otherwise there’s a few shops online that regularly have second hand items.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. That's a shame I like their stock and wish it was more accessible.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen anytime soon. That's a shame I like their stock and wish it was more accessible.
Yeah I’m not quite sure the hesitancy to establish an online presence, but they’re a much smaller brand compared to RMC and others. Perhaps they don’t need it as from what I’ve seen and heard their sell through in inventory is quite high. Certain items even being bought only by lottery now.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not quite sure the hesitancy to establish an online presence, but they’re a much smaller brand compared to RMC and others. Perhaps they don’t need it as from what I’ve seen and heard their sell through in inventory is quite high. Certain items even being bought only by lottery now.

I think that it's simply their business model. They are successful at their scale and in order not to bust that scale they have to do certain things. The exclusivity also help building some of the mystique around their brand without resorting to the good old "raise prices way to ******* high".

Brycelands & co is the same type of business, and they have an established online presence. They're also a good 20 to 40% more expensive than Timeworn, based on item categories, if I recall correctly.

Brian the Bootmaker / Roleclub is a good counterexample of a guy who suffers from his success. He makes 5 pairs of boots a month and has a 24 months + waiting list. He's made less than 1000 boots since he established Role Club as a brand. His opening up to online order is perhaps what's creating this long wait time, given that he hasn't scaled production.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads