• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried it on and I was interested but I think 42 would have fit me better than 44 nontheless.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TCB 60's came in this week and I have to say I absolutely love the fit. Question for you all, on jeans with a wider leg opening like 9"+ do you all prefer a thicker double cuff or getting them hemmed for a small single or no cuff. All of my other denim that is 8"ish is single cuffed or no cuff.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TCB 60's came in this week and I have to say I absolutely love the fit. Question for you all, on jeans with a wider leg opening like 9"+ do you all prefer a thicker double cuff or getting them hemmed for a small single or no cuff. All of my other denim that is 8"ish is single cuffed or no cuff.
I’m biased towards a larger cuff, but I’ll acknowledge that it’s a very specific look lending itself to specific kinds of footwear for balance.

That said, do the 60s cut have that wide a leg opening? Seems rather large for the era considering things started to slim down the somewhat.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m biased towards a larger cuff, but I’ll acknowledge that it’s a very specific look lending itself to specific kinds of footwear for balance.

That said, do the 60s cut have that wide a leg opening? Seems rather large for the era considering things started to slim down the somewhat.
Well it's 9", which is wide for me. My sweet spot is 8" for most of my denim, which is why the Black Signs were too much of a stretch at 9.75".

Btw - I couldn't remember who in here was looking for them in size 32

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I've been doing lately is sewing a permanent cuff into my trousers, about an inch wide. Only outside material shows, just to be clear.
This is obviously an outlier option, but my pants, my rules : )

NautOfEarth

Reaction score

I used to wear cuffs but find myself solely going for no cuffs now. I do leave just enough length left to do a small single cuff though.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear cuffs but find myself solely going for no cuffs now. I do leave just enough length left to do a small single cuff though.
For that reason, I may keep these long since I have other pairs that can go no cuff or slight cuff. Just in case I change my mind. The thick cuffs look good with chunky footwear, imo.

Reactions: XWT

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I've been doing lately is sewing a permanent cuff into my trousers, about an inch wide. Only outside material shows, just to be clear.
This is obviously an outlier option, but my pants, my rules : )
Yes and a permanent option. This is what I do with dress pants, chinos, etc.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I'm a wide boy and here are my cuffing practices on jeans

- Indigofera Clints (black) / sz 34 / mid rise / 8 3/4'' opening / 30 1/2'' inseam / no cuff
- TCB 60's / sz 36 / mid rise / 9'' opening / 31 1/2'' inseam / 1" single cuff
- TCB 50's / sz36 / mid rise / TAPERED TO 9'' opening (with some regrets) / 32" inseam / 1 1/2" double or single cuff, depending of outfit
- TCB S40's / sz36 / high rise / 8 5/8'' opening / 31 inseam" / No cuff or 1'' single cuff, depending on footwear
- LVC 505 / sz34 / mid rise / 8 1/4'' opening / 32 1/2'' inseam / 1 1/2'' single cuff (started off as double with 34'' inseam but shrinkage happened with time)

I'm getting some new Black Signs jeans with a 9'' leg opening and I am heavily leaning towards the recipe I have for the TCBs40's, which is slightly long for a choice between no cuff with break or lean 1'' single cuff. Time will tell.

Yes and a permanent option. This is what I do with dress pants, chinos, etc.

I get my jeans way too dirty for a permanent cuff. I need to remove snow, mud, branches, rocks and debris way too often to even consider it. However, after 1-2 months wear the cuff line kind of creases into the jeans when it's always in the same place and that kind of serve the same purpose.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm a wide boy and here are my cuffing practices on jeans

- Indigofera Clints (black) / sz 34 / mid rise / 8 3/4'' opening / 30 1/2'' inseam / no cuff
- TCB 60's / sz 36 / mid rise / 9'' opening / 31 1/2'' inseam / 1" single cuff
- TCB 50's / sz36 / mid rise / TAPERED TO 9'' opening (with some regrets) / 32" inseam / 1 1/2" double or single cuff, depending of outfit
- TCB S40's / sz36 / high rise / 8 5/8'' opening / 31 inseam" / No cuff or 1'' single cuff, depending on footwear
- LVC 505 / sz34 / mid rise / 8 1/4'' opening / 32 1/2'' inseam / 1 1/2'' single cuff (started off as double with 34'' inseam but shrinkage happened with time)

I'm getting some new Black Signs jeans with a 9'' leg opening and I am heavily leaning towards the recipe I have for the TCBs40's, which is slightly long for a choice between no cuff with break or lean 1'' single cuff. Time will tell.

I get my jeans way too dirty for a permanent cuff. I need to remove snow, mud, branches, rocks and debris way too often to even consider it. However, after 1-2 months wear the cuff line kind of creases into the jeans when it's always in the same place and that kind of serve the same purpose.
Just to be clear, this is what I mean by permanent cuff - as you can see it’s sewn up and there’s no way that any schmutz is going to get in there!

Attachments

• 953E3EBC-52B1-4E26-8F01-F0002D38793E.jpeg
    953E3EBC-52B1-4E26-8F01-F0002D38793E.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 133

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
It feels like this question might be safe to ask here: Do any of you guys have an opinion on the one wash trend?

I don't actually think it is a trend but I wish it was. It feels like it is a lot harder to find pure raw denim these days.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is what I mean by permanent cuff - as you can see it’s sewn up and there’s no way that any schmutz is going to get in there!

Gotcha. I don't think I like this but you do you.

It feels like this question might be safe to ask here: Do any of you guys have an opinion on the one wash trend?

I don't actually think it is a trend but I wish it was. It feels like it is a lot harder to find pure raw denim these days.

I'm happy about it. It makes buying unsanforized jeans online much easier and I'm here for it. I don't have a lot of experience with loomstate denim so I don't know what I'm missing out on.

jmiller123

Reaction score

I will only do one wash these days. Just much more comfortable from the start. I recently tried a pair of black 17oz freenote jeans that were raw. I put them on a realized I will not go through the pain of breaking in jeans again so off they went.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics