• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Gustaf

Reaction score
I wish I could say it’s been a good season so far but there really hasn’t been any standout pieces.

Agree. But if I remember the preview correctly, there was something I was looking forward to. Now the preview is closed so I have no idea what it was.

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random, but has anyone gotten to the point where their collection is getting close to being ‘too much’? Yes, it’s SF and we probably already over do it… but as I’m packing some stuff up to move, I’m realizing that I’m getting to the point where I may just have to cull some of it off soon (to make room for replacement stuff 😭)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I thought my Freenote Calico was solidly built but this Warehouse & Co Lot 3001 is on another level. Probably too thick to wear during a 90+ degree day but couldn't help myself. Forgive the grease stain on my chinos from a surprisingly good burger this afternoon.

20220521_175035.jpg

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is discombobulating myself.

Well I checked them out. It's fairly innocuous. Looks well made and well styled. Like if GAP was actually what they're trying to be.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random, but has anyone gotten to the point where their collection is getting close to being ‘too much’? Yes, it’s SF and we probably already over do it… but as I’m packing some stuff up to move, I’m realizing that I’m getting to the point where I may just have to cull some of it off soon (to make room for replacement stuff 😭)

Honestly that is my biggest problem, I want new ****, but can't justify that if I haven't gotten rid of something first. It doesn't help that most clothing doesn't make even 1/3 of the money you spent on it back. Half the time I can barely give things away for free if isn't hype

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly that is my biggest problem, I want new ****, but can't justify that if I haven't gotten rid of something first. It doesn't help that most clothing doesn't make even 1/3 of the money you spent on it back. Half the time I can barely give things away for free if isn't hype
The resell aspect is what kills me when you're only into niche among niche stuff.. But after completely filling two large suitcases with barely enough room, its hard to not to consider cutting some stuff out haha. Outerwear and knitwear are a hard habit to quit though

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The resell aspect is what kills me when you're only into niche among niche stuff.. But after completely filling two large suitcases with barely enough room, its hard to not to consider cutting some stuff out haha. Outerwear and knitwear are a hard habit to quit though

Yeah paying 400+ for something only for it to sit around for months and then sell for 100 bucks or less sucks. I've basically given up on buying anything unless I know I want it forever or will resell for decent money.

I find outerwear and shoes seem to be the big ticket. However hype is the only real factor. Luckily most of my stuff is thrifted or from second street so I don't feel as bad moving on from it.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah paying 400+ for something only for it to sit around for months and then sell for 100 bucks or less sucks. I've basically given up on buying anything unless I know I want it forever or will resell for decent money.

I find outerwear and shoes seem to be the big ticket. However hype is the only real factor. Luckily most of my stuff is thrifted or from second street so I don't feel as bad moving on from it.
Yep.. I was lucky when I sold off my Kapital stuff as I didn't take too big a hit. I do try and buy things now with the intention of keeping, but reasonable storage/closet space is always a factor regardless. I have a few more spring buys lined up hopefully, but otherwise I think I'm holding out to head to Tokyo in November.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I checked them out. It's fairly innocuous. Looks well made and well styled. Like if GAP was actually what they're trying to be.
What freaked me out was the fact that I had read about them and you hadn’t!

• Haha
Reactions: XWT

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like my Kapital stuff and maybe my Alden stuff aside from saddle shoes (everyone hates those) will be the only stuff with resale. Even my real McCoys probably won't sell for much either

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What freaked me out was the fact that I had read about them and you hadn’t!

I only know few South Korean brands! The ResQ and Eastlogue. Also, I’ve been at a job I actually like for 6 months and this means that I spend less time online looking at clothes.

On an unrelated note, I’m trying to get into olympic boxing to whip myself back into shape and to the surprise of exactly no one, the best gloves are Japanese! I’ll be right at home in that hobby.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
I only know few South Korean brands! The ResQ and Eastlogue. Also, I’ve been at a job I actually like for 6 months and this means that I spend less time online looking at clothes.

On an unrelated note, I’m trying to get into olympic boxing to whip myself back into shape and to the surprise of exactly no one, the best gloves are Japanese! I’ll be right at home in that hobby.
You should also check out the buddy lee jump ropes. While not Japanese, I can see Japanese boxers giving them a thumbs up.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
It is always nice being the other side of that spending. When I buy something rare and niche at 1/3 retail is usually the only time I feel satisfaction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads