• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer is correct, I like TCB Jeans a lot. I own 3 pairs and 2 shirts.

Sizing is an issue. I am a 34 in most vanity sized jeans, and a 36 in their 40's and 50's cut. I also bought their 60's cut in size 36 and clearly I should have got a 34. They don't fit me well, bagging tremendously at the front. I would absolutely love them if they were my size.

Most shirts and jackets are not sized to your chest size. Don't buy a 44 if you have a size 44 chest, for instance. They are sized to garment sized, which is somehow unusual. Worst even, some shirts are sized "regularly" to the wearer size. Always consult the size chart and ideall reach out to the sales rep @rn182. He's a great guy.
Thanks, I bought the jeans based solely on the measurements as I have a lot of trouble sizing for my thighs. Looking forward to getting them

Reactions: XWT

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on TCB denim? Price point seems super reasonable and the 60s cut looks like it'll fit me perfectly. I have heavier weight stuff, so 13oz is intriguing plus I'm kinda over high contrast fades
I've got a couple of pairs plus a type 2 jacket. Great denim, no frills, good price, although I just heard that they raised prices across the board like everyone. Definitely don't buy without checking your size carefully. I think everything is one-wash now so don't expect much shrinkage.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of pairs plus a type 2 jacket. Great denim, no frills, good price, although I just heard that they raised prices across the board like everyone. Definitely don't buy without checking your size carefully. I think everything is one-wash now so don't expect much shrinkage.
Cool, that's what I'm looking for. Coloring seems more blue than the real dark indigo on most of my other pairs, which will add some variety

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did those end up fitting?

In other news, with Japan to start rolling 'limited' tourism next month, things are hopefully looking good to attempt to go in the fall *fingers crossed*
They fit, but the silhouette doesn't do me any favors. They look too boot cut on me since I have a small waist and large thighs and the leg opening is pretty wide

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, that's what I'm looking for. Coloring seems more blue than the real dark indigo on most of my other pairs, which will add some variety
Another thing: watch for dye transfer, even with the one wash...

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah the TCB 60's are a vibrant blue that's not typical of workwear repro jeans. They're really a repro of when jeans became casualwear.

I think everything is one-wash now so don't expect much shrinkage.

They sell limited editions raw products from time to time. I did try to shrink my 60's a little, to no avail. My TCB 50's which have been bought one washed and then washed and dried (sometimes tumble dried) well over 15 times have not shrunk a lot. Like... 2% at most.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing: watch for dye transfer, even with the one wash...

Word. I'll edit this with a pic of my converse which were stained by my TCB 40's AFTER they had been washed a few times.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping Chinese repro is ok too. This is a knit polo from Labour Union. The brand is controversial because (1) their ******* name and (2) they have shamelessly ripped off Mister Freedom jacket designs.

Still, I wanted to try their summer knits. This is a size 42 on me. I think the size is ok if it doesn't shrink. I have the body I have so there is no consealing the belly, hips and pecs fat, I might as well just rock clothes I like nontheless. A bigger size and I would be swimming in the arms, shoulders and collar area, + it would be too long, = would not be better at all.

4.jpg
Straight out of the bag, explaining the weird titty fold.
5.jpg
6.jpg

I don't like polos, but I like that polo. Look forward to wearing it with chinos, ghurka pants and the sort. If I wear it a bunch, I might buy one or 2 more for summer of 2023.

BTW the quality is perfect for the price. Holds up to similarly priced (and slightly more expensive) European knits.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping Chinese repro is ok too. This is a knit polo from Labour Union. The brand is controversial because (1) their ******* name and (2) they have shamelessly ripped off Mister Freedom jacket designs.

Still, I wanted to try their summer knits. This is a size 42 on me. I think the size is ok if it doesn't shrink. I have the body I have so there is no consealing the belly, hips and pecs fat, I might as well just rock clothes I like nontheless. A bigger size and I would be swimming in the arms, shoulders and collar area, + it would be too long, = would not be better at all.

View attachment 1792787
Straight out of the bag, explaining the weird titty fold.
View attachment 1792788
View attachment 1792789

I don't like polos, but I like that polo. Look forward to wearing it with chinos, ghurka pants and the sort.

I have a Thom Sweeney polo that is very similar to this.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@XWT Those types of knits from my experience should be on the trimmer side and short, so I think fit wise thats probably sitting where it should. The hard part is that sometimes they can run too short that it rides up on the waist of your pants. I'll have to take some photos when I have a chance of my Timeworn ones on. My most recent one I sized up purely for the extra length.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@XWT Those types of knits from my experience should be on the trimmer side and short, so I think fit wise thats probably sitting where it should. The hard part is that sometimes they can run too short that it rides up on the waist of your pants. I'll have to take some photos when I have a chance of my Timeworn ones on. My most recent one I sized up purely for the extra length.

If anything those pants are on the low side in terms of front rise for what I wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads