• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RMC takes this **** seriously.

As in the sales agreement around discounting? I'm assuming they have a clause that says one cannot discount. But I also imagine Yoox-Net-a-Porter is large enough to get around it.

I've seen RMC discounted by 10% on European sites before.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As in the sales agreement around discounting? I'm assuming they have a clause that says one cannot discount. But I also imagine Yoox-Net-a-Porter is large enough to get around it.

I've seen RMC discounted by 10% on European sites before.

Policy is no discounting period. I don't think Mr. Porter was a good fit for them anyway, given how poorly they did on the product copy.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Policy is no discounting period. I don't think Mr. Porter was a good fit for them anyway, given how poorly they did on the product copy.

Real talk: do you look at and critique copy from suppliers and vendors? I had an experience writing copy for Yuketen some eight years ago. As a Liberal Arts major I found it difficult to avoid flourish while providing more than dry facts. Of course this means I missed my deadline.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a pair of black Michaels from Totem. I see myself wearing them with corduroys and flannels. paraboot-michael-marche-II-noire-lis-noir-715604-avant_1200x.jpg

If I like the fit and feel, then I will also order the Reims loafer. I like a chunky look loafer for kicking around.

99413_2_2000x.jpg

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real talk: do you look at and critique copy from suppliers and vendors? I had an experience writing copy for Yuketen some eight years ago. As a Liberal Arts major I found it difficult to avoid flourish while providing more than dry facts. Of course this means I missed my deadline.

I definitely do. Mr Freedom and Motiv do the best job with giving me everything up front I need for good informative copy. The Real McCoy's will give me everything but I gotta call or email Kento for it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the vest and much more so than the riding jacket in the same cloth.

I like the coat but it is a material and pattern that you can reach your fill of pretty quickly. A vest is a more manageable portion.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miloh has a boat load of The Real McCoy's in last sizes on sale on Garmentory: https://www.garmentory.com/sale/the-real-mccoy-s/men?scat=779

Note they're in Canada. I'm not sure the statues of import/export duties there, although my J-24L came from Toronto. I believe fees were factored in to the cost there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads