• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s more a matter of tucking in your shirt with a denim jacket. They’re supposed to be short, but with a shirt sticking out it kinda throws off the fit imo. Granted, I tuck in my t-shirts too so ?‍♂️

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a rather academic meditation on the new Buco J-24 (and Japanese repro in general), referred to me by @peachfuzzmcgee, who was in turn referred to it by @StrangeJeremy.

With all them words, someone should tell the guy that it's FCL "Leon", not "Neon". :teach:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s more a matter of tucking in your shirt with a denim jacket. They’re supposed to be short, but with a shirt sticking out it kinda throws off the fit imo. Granted, I tuck in my t-shirts too so ?‍♂️
I do that if I know I'll be buttoning it up, but I'm less concerned when just adding it more for looks vs warmth

Reactions: XWT

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is how Olde Homesteader style their sweatshirt @Mghart

So I actually washed it and stretched it a little. It’s not as loose it the waist as that pic, but it’s got plenty of room. Where the shoulder seam hits on their model is about where it hits me, but I’m broader through the chest. I suppose I could have sized up more but I didn’t want an overly slouchy vibe.

Reactions: XWT

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really loving this freewheeler beach cloth coat

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's cool too, it's just so much money for a beach cloth coat. You can buy a vintage one for around the same or less, at times (though in a different cut, admittedly).

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1635371927434.png

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ain't ever buying it because I truly believe it's overpriced for wool and cotton that a billion other brands do a good version of but I do think it's cool looking. I'd probably swing it at 500 and no more

Last edited:

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love that mix of wool and cotton.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ain't ever buying it because I truly believe it's overpriced for wool and cotton that a billion other brands do a good version of but I do think it's cool looking. I'd probably swing it at 500 and no more
It’s definitely the best example I’ve seen of that style, but yeah it’s spendy.
A few friends and I were talking about it on Discord for like 45 minutes today. Can’t swing that, but $1300 on a Dehen N1 seems normal. I don’t even understand how to price things mentally in my head anymore.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I break it down as basically 1-200 I can do that without too much thought, 2-500 is serious consideration, 500-1000 is an absolute love and lust for months, 1000+ super special cases of rarity, pre-orders, sick jawns that my wife will slap me for buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics