• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not even super repro boy or anything but I find myself gravitating to this thread more than others. I'm currently on a deep buying hiatus so watching y'all buying cool stuff in my stead is enough for me.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee I come to realize that most of us in this thread aren't really repro fanatics. We're mostly guys who like repro americana because it's stylish and well made, not because we want to look like we live in a specific different decade.
Speak for yourself! :p Seriously though, I’ve found that just the really good casual pieces can make up for a good amount of fits in a wardrobe without looking overly costume-y like some stuff can. Hard to go wrong with simple work shirts and chinos. For me it’s more the fuller cuts/fits I like more than anything since everything leans more slim for modern brands.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked Corlection about the measurements on a Freewheeler's Mulholland in size 44 and they gave the following. There was miscommunication in the request so the manner in which they measure the sleeve in the photo is not how I would typically do it, but they also gave the measurement shoulder to cuff (I assume straight measurement). This is for the 2021 version, I believe, or, the latest stock of Mulhollands they received.

Shoulder measured across the back, seam to seam: 20" - But note there's some slack in the tape, so probably closer to 21"
("When measured from the front, the shoulder is 19.3”")
Sleeve measured in the manner in the photograph: 23.3"
("If measured from the top of the shoulder seam to cuff, the measurement is 24.8”")
Back length from base of collar: 25.5"
Front length from base of collar: 27.6"

I didn't ask for chest, because it seems pretty consistent that it's around 46" for a size 44, if not greater. Supposedly tapers to a slim waist (~44), but I haven't seen confirmed measurements on that.

Sleeves remain too short for me :(

IMG-2926.JPG
IMG-2923.JPG
IMG-2924.JPG
IMG-2925.JPG

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a thread on TFL where a guy ordered a 2021 Mulholland in size 44 and the sleeves were comically short.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a thread on TFL where a guy ordered a 2021 Mulholland in size 44 and the sleeves were comically short.

I don't think it looks bad. I think it's just a question of whether it bothers the owner or not. For me, it would.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I misremembered it as a length issue.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know – my Levi's trucker measures 23" along the outseam, but 26" straight shoulder to cuff. I don't have enough of a pattern-makers eye to determine what the difference is between that and the Mulholland measurements.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit pic in the trucker? I think we haven't seen it in action.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those mulholland measurements are almost perfect for me.. damn haha. I just can’t justify the kinda scratch for it since the size 44 is more than the other standard sizes.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those mulholland measurements are almost perfect for me.. damn haha. I just can’t justify the kinda scratch for it since the size 44 is more than the other standard sizes.

Speedway has one that is labeled 2020 but circumstantial evidence leads me to believe is 2021 for 275,000 jpy. After shipping and import taxes you're probably looking at a couple hundred less than Corlection.

But I imagine you'll want to try on in person. I think a 30s moto is going to be what I hunt for when I visit Japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads