• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kento will make me one, I will get a J-31 from RMC. Same basic concept as the one Jason's got there.

1632419752280.png

Looks like RMC has made it before, according to this thread: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/buco-j-31.84192/

If Real McCoy's made a 30's style moto/sport jacket with the same collar curve and three-pocket arrangement with chain pulls and angled chest pocket as the Mulholland, and made it is in a medium-to-light shade of brown, I would buy it.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Real McCoy's made a 30's style moto/sport jacket with the same collar curve and three-pocket arrangement with chain pulls and angled chest pocket as the Mulholland, and made it is in a medium-to-light shade of brown, I would buy it.

They did this I believe in 2018, which is damn close. The Nelson jacket came out after in 2019 and it just came in black.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
  • Sad
Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did this I believe in 2018, which is damn close. The Nelson jacket came out after in 2019 and it just came in black.

The Steinbeck and Nelson have pointed collars, no zips on the handwarmers and the chest pocket is lateral. Although I didn’t know the Steinbeck came in brown…

@StrangeJeremy how baller would I have to be to place a custom order with RMC?

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh! I was thinking that was a different Sgt. Pepper model.

Btw, are you putting up your RMC haul tomorrow?

Tomorrow and Monday - with all the new stuff and restocks there is a LOT.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Steinbeck and Nelson have pointed collars, no zips on the handwarmers and the chest pocket is lateral. Although I didn’t know the Steinbeck came in brown…

@StrangeJeremy how baller would I have to be to place a custom order with RMC?

There's also this one - the "Howard".

1632431800940.png

I still prefer the Freewheelers Mulholland.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The overly angled breast pocket is a bit much heh.

Funny enough the few things you mentioned on the mulholland are actually the things I don’t particular care for. Granted, it’s definitely more of a motorcycle jacket than a traditional sports jacket. The zippered hand warmers and more so the snap button cuffs would be deal breakers on a sub $3k jacket.
I much prefer their Caboose model, but that pattern is particularly small/slim even in a size 44 for them.

It would be nice to visit Freewheelers in person again (hopefully next year) as buying one of their jackets without being able to return is too great a financial risk even when I more or less know my measurements

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The overly angled breast pocket is a bit much heh.

Funny enough the few things you mentioned on the mulholland are actually the things I don’t particular care for. Granted, it’s definitely more of a motorcycle jacket than a traditional sports jacket. The zippered hand warmers and more so the snap button cuffs would be deal breakers on a sub $3k jacket.
I much prefer their Caboose model, but that pattern is particularly small/slim even in a size 44 for them.

It would be nice to visit Freewheelers in person again (hopefully next year) as buying one of their jackets without being able to return is too great a financial risk even when I more or less know my measurements

Agree on the Howard – I don't like that pocket angle and size.

The snap cuffs are the one aspect I'm less keen on with the Mulholland. I will probably save it as a traveling purchase for whenever I make it to Japan (assuming they've released a brown version by then).

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Agree on the Howard – I don't like that pocket angle and size.

The snap cuffs are the one aspect I'm less keen on with the Mulholland. I will probably save it as a traveling purchase for whenever I make it to Japan (assuming they've released a brown version by then).

It's tea-core, right? So you could unlock the brown one with wear....

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: The vertical folds that run along each side of the placket on trucker style jackets, what are the origins of this design?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads