• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I an idiot? I found another one of the same style shirt but real mccoys for cheap and bought it. Now I have two ivory shirts that looks almost identical. The new one fits but I just had a thought; I could have just added some gussets on the armpits/chest area of the warehouse one to give me more space and removed some of the length to get material to match.

Japanese used stores do not take any returns. Should I add gussets, and do some indigo shibori dye on the warehouse shirt at a local workshop?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I an idiot? I found another one of the same style shirt but real mccoys for cheap and bought it. Now I have two ivory shirts that looks almost identical. The new one fits but I just had a thought; I could have just added some gussets on the armpits/chest area of the warehouse one to give me more space and removed some of the length to get material to match.

Japanese used stores do not take any returns. Should I add gussets, and do some indigo shibori dye on the warehouse shirt at a local workshop?
Not an idiot, I would buy the same Merz or Real McCoys loopwheeled tees 35 times if I had the money. Nothing wrong with liking something and having more it, you don't wear it out as fast. That said, the indigo and gussets idea sounds kinda dope tbh

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i could buy the worst fitting one from you if I fit in it…

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not an idiot, I would buy the same Merz or Real McCoys loopwheeled tees 35 times if I had the money. Nothing wrong with liking something and having more it, you don't wear it out as fast. That said, the indigo and gussets idea sounds kinda dope tbh

as it happens I am making the next McCoy's order...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two remaining (planned) purchases of the year are the Rolling Dub Trio Caspers and a Real McCoy's J-24 with mouton collar. However, I'm weighing that against the heroic amount of funds I've spent on jawnz in the past year, upcoming travel and the fact that I'm moving end of year. I own Blundstones and have a pair of black Savas zip boots arriving soon, but of course neither of those are the Casper. I have a J-100 and A-2, but of course neither of those have a padded lining and mouton collar. Also part of me still wants a grizzly. And there's the reality that the more you own, the less you wear each of the things you own.

Help me decide.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, do not cop so quick. Enjoy what ya got, but who am I kidding ya gonna buy it anyway. Im done buying clothing for this year. Gonna focus on my gardening, music, and cooking hobbies. I find that maybe its a good idea to find a new hobby to spend all that cash burning a hole in your wallet.

Nothing wrong with owning a lot and wearing it less, but when things stop getting worn at all, it is a bit sad. I really enjoy everything I got and when I head back to the US some day I might end up selling a lot of stuff and getting rid of things.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But they're so pretty

indeed they are, but sometimes that's not a sufficient reason to kop!

n.b. while trying to convince you I might be trying to convince myself, there's this Junya cardigan on SSENSE which I have really like, and now it is on sale as well, but I am holding out because I have too many cardigans!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads