• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Anyone here into John Lofgren? I‘m eying the Combat boots in timber (not sure how bulbous the toes are, they remind me of the Rick Owen Ramones I used to wear) and the M-43 (which has an unstructured toe area that I‘m not familiar with - anyone experience with that?).

Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here into John Lofgren? I‘m eying the Combat boots in timber (not sure how bulbous the toes are, they remind me of the Rick Owen Ramones I used to wear) and the M-43 (which has an unstructured toe area that I‘m not familiar with - anyone experience with that?).

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My TCB 50's again. This time with an actual fitpic

SG100646-2.jpg

SG100640.JPG

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I sell a LOT of Lofgren - Combats are medium bump toe, M43 is totally unstructured and flat.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got another warehouse western in a 40, but the cheat ended up being damn tight. Shoulders and sleeves are perfect, but it's way smaller in the chest, kinda annoying that the same size has different measurements and also the armholes are way higher.

Imma have to go real McCoys now instead I think.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got another warehouse western in a 40, but the cheat ended up being damn tight. Shoulders and sleeves are perfect, but it's way smaller in the chest, kinda annoying that the same size has different measurements and also the armholes are way higher.

That blows. It happened to me too with UES flannels.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You got another longhorn one from warehouse? What was wrong with the one you just got?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are longer still than the cuff in the pic haha. I got them hemmed so I can do either a double cuff or four inch cuff if I am feeling it.

I question your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got another longhorn one from warehouse? What was wrong with the one you just got?

Naw got another western shirt, a white sateen one online, it was the same size but the fit was all different. It's my bad, I should have looked at the measurements. The sleeve and shoulders are good even a little large, but the chest was tight as hell.

I'm probably gonna chop it up and remake it I guess since I only spent 40 bucks on it. Unless one of y'all want it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads