• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a whole issue of F&E dedicated to Goro. Is he still making jewelry?
The man himself has passed away, but his family still runs the shop in harajuku I believe. Not sure if any of the family members are actually making the jewelry itself though. Tbh it’s def more a ‘hype’ thing now than it was in the past with a lot of streetwear guys lining up for it, but for some reason I still want a few pieces haha.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amekaji jewelry is mostly vintage American jewelry I feel. However there are some companies that make some stuff on the side that are pretty cool like Black Sign makes some interesting stuff, first arrows which I don’t love, peanuts and co is awesome. I need to go to the stores and find some of these brands again. However to be honest here in Japan most people cover jewels from American makers such as Yazzie stuff, and Good Art.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The man himself has passed away, but his family still runs the shop in harajuku I believe. Not sure if any of the family members are actually making the jewelry itself though. Tbh it’s def more a ‘hype’ thing now than it was in the past with a lot of streetwear guys lining up for it, but for some reason I still want a few pieces haha.

Interesting. The man himself certainly appears to have been a character.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

Is there a name for this vintage detail on shirts with the extra fabric on the bottom? What was the purpose?
I have a shirt like that too from Haver Sack and couldn’t find much on it. My guess was that it had something to do with combating how shirt sides can spread at the bottom sometimes.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field report: the RMC 966BK feels like a pair of Saint Laurent’s comparative to other cuts, and whilst eating Miznon and Magnolia Bakery.
Bro your baked goods addiction is the only thing that rivals your leather fetish. No hate though, I too appreciate decadence

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Levi's vintage clothing line used to do a type III in Cone Mills denim but they discontinued it. I know a lot of Japanese selvedge brands do excellent repros and in many cases they're better than the original.

Anyone know of any selvedge denim brands that do Levi's 1967 type III repros? I am looking for that exact sort of cut and style, no hand warmer pockets, etc.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro your baked goods addiction is the only thing that rivals your leather fetish. No hate though, I too appreciate decadence

I enjoy a challenge.

Levi's vintage clothing line used to do a type III in Cone Mills denim but they discontinued it. I know a lot of Japanese selvedge brands do excellent repros and in many cases they're better than the original.

Anyone know of any selvedge denim brands that do Levi's 1967 type III repros? I am looking for that exact sort of cut and style, no hand warmer pockets, etc.

The usual suspects don’t come up with anything ‘67 specifically, but they do make type 3s:

Real McCoys
Freewheelers/Vanishing West
Warehouse

You could do a search of JP google for the above and look for ‘67 and ‘68. Might look through their catalogs too to see what they so have.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I ordered the Tender Co 130s this week. Will definitely post thoughts when they arrive.

Reactions: XWT

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't love about my 130s are the button. Super cool but the damn clip thing bothers me when I don't tuck in a shirt and if I'm not careful always catches my tucked in shirt if I try to pull out my shirt without unbuttoning first. Not only that but the way the button is, it allows too much slack. I actually sowed in the button after bing annoyed by it too many times.

Other than that I love Tender Co, I have two shirts and one of their red wattle jackets aside from my jeans.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uper cool but the damn clip thing bothers me when I don't tuck in a shirt and if I'm not careful always catches my tucked in shirt if I try to pull out my shirt without unbuttoning first
Thanks for the heads up because I wear shirts tucked in a lot.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I couldn't figure out a more applicable thread to put these in and didn't want to start a new one, but the Tender Co jeans came in today. They're magnificent. Way way too long, but when I get them hemmed they will be great. The denim is only 16oz I believe but it feels more substantial than some 20oz jeans I own. Also, they are very soft on the inside, almost like wearing super heavy sweats. Tons of tiny little details like the thumb pocket, weird slant of the front pockets that I totally appreciate.
tempImageIi66o6.jpg

tempImageWtQspM.jpg

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Tender is one of those brands that if I had more money I'd be all in, in a directional sense. The best pieces don't go on sale and retail is just a bit too much for my budget. But I enjoy virtual window shopping Bill's lineup and the stories behind each style/dye.

deadbilly

Reaction score
Anyone know the fabric weight of the Warehouse 4601 tees? 5.5/6/7/etc oz ..... or, if not, the finished weight of one of them? Haven't been able to spot the info. Cheers.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBH I couldn't figure out a more applicable thread to put these in and didn't want to start a new one, but the Tender Co jeans came in today. They're magnificent. Way way too long, but when I get them hemmed they will be great. The denim is only 16oz I believe but it feels more substantial than some 20oz jeans I own. Also, they are very soft on the inside, almost like wearing super heavy sweats. Tons of tiny little details like the thumb pocket, weird slant of the front pockets that I totally appreciate.
View attachment 1641479
View attachment 1641478

Nah, dawg. Rock the cuff.

Anyone know the fabric weight of the Warehouse 4601 tees? 5.5/6/7/etc oz ..... or, if not, the finished weight of one of them? Haven't been able to spot the info. Cheers.

I have some coming in this week. I can see if the packaging states anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads