• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are very skinny:

1626190326442.png

Size 31. These run small. My 36s are like a 35 after a hot wash and dry.

They've also got this:

1626190350167.png

And this:

1626190741407.png

Last edited:

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay but back to wabash shirts, does anyone have a suggesting on the best one that’s non-popover??? Doesn’t have to be black I’ve decided

I like the McCoy's wabash stuff, of course, and for guys that can't fit that both Freenote and Indigofera have released some really good pieces. All depends on how wild you want to get.

Bryce C

Reaction score
Coming out of the woodwork here... looking into an M-65 from TRM. It looks like the going price is around $600-700 -- would that be a fair price (I'm a size L or 3/4)? Would prefer closer to $500 for such a jacket and there's a couple in XS and S in that price range. Should I just have a little patience and something should turn up?

Anything to look out for as big differences between production? I've noticed a couple on Marrkt and the only difference it looks like might be one is worn more than the other.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming out of the woodwork here... looking into an M-65 from TRM. It looks like the going price is around $600-700 -- would that be a fair price (I'm a size L or 3/4)? Would prefer closer to $500 for such a jacket and there's a couple in XS and S in that price range. Should I just have a little patience and something should turn up?

Anything to look out for as big differences between production? I've noticed a couple on Marrkt and the only difference it looks like might be one is worn more than the other.

I can't speak to differences between runs, other than to say that yes, RMC/TRM has had manufacturing changes over the year. In terms of finding a good deal, I'm assuming you're looking at Yahoo Japan, where a size 40 is usually the largest you find on most stuff. A 40 is somewhere between a M and L, depending on who you talk to.

jmiller123

Reaction score

I bought mine second-hand off Yahoo Japan after being on the lookout for a few months in size medium (I'm a 40/M/3 for reference) and fits slightly oversized with a tee or shirt, perfect with layering a thick sweater, sweats, etc. You could probably get away with this size if you're not planning on wearing too much underneath. In terms of price, I paid $400 + shipping which I thought was a great deal considering it appeared barely used. The price question really comes down to how much you see yourself wearing it.

deepdiver93

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

Is there a name for this vintage detail on shirts with the extra fabric on the bottom? What was the purpose?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about what are your favorite makers of jewelry in the amekaji/heritage fashion genre.

I like a lot of what Kapital does. Peanuts & Co is cool too. I guess I'd like to know more about that scene

I was having a bracelet made by a Japanese maker but the order was just cancelled because the shop found the result unsatisfactory. Apparently scaling the design to Western wrists did not work.

That's to say that I am looking for alternatives.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was having a bracelet made by a Japanese maker but the order was just cancelled because the shop found the result unsatisfactory. Apparently scaling the design to Western wrists did not work.

That's to say that I am looking for alternatives.

That's quite the culture clash! I wouldn't expect an European maker to say "We tried, it didn't work. Lets not do this."

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's quite the culture clash! I wouldn't expect an European maker to say "We tried, it didn't work. Lets not do this."

It was a new outing for them and I guess I was their first customer for the bangle. Also their first time trying to do measurements by email. The maker tried once, it was too small, tried again and that’s when the shop said they’d rather refund me.

I’m getting a free Kapital bandana out of it, so not a complete loss.

Reactions: XWT

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about what are your favorite makers of jewelry in the amekaji/heritage fashion genre.

I like a lot of what Kapital does. Peanuts & Co is cool too. I guess I'd like to know more about that scene
I’d still love to get something from Goros at some point, but it’s a huge pain to deal with that I just don’t know if it’s worth it while vacationing in Japan. That said, there’s a lot of Native American inspired makers out there these days like Larry Smith.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d still love to get something from Goros at some point, but it’s a huge pain to deal with that I just don’t know if it’s worth it while vacationing in Japan. That said, there’s a lot of Native American inspired makers out there these days like Larry Smith.

I've got a whole issue of F&E dedicated to Goro. Is he still making jewelry?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads