• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the shoulders for RMC J-100 really long/wide? Like, it doesn't line up with the chest measurements....I've never tried one on, but I'm going off the measurements posted by multiple shops. Is that just the way the jacket is supposed to me and will it look normal when worn?

The shoulders point to point are smaller than the chest but they are relatively high arm holes and the chest tapers quickly. Some of this may be related to the board racer design elements that supposedly force the body forward, as both the board racer and cafe racer were for motorcycles where you ride as such, as I understand it.

Not sure if the 51 uses a different fabric than say the 47, but iirc the 51 is the ‘slimmest’ offering that Freewheelers makes. Either way, the details on their denim are really nice.

Reddit told me it is a different fabric.

Btw, have you looking into Conner's Sewing Factory/One Piece of Rock at all?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reddit told me it is a different fabric.

Btw, have you looking into Conner's Sewing Factory/One Piece of Rock at all?
I have a pair of CSF M-46 denim that I ordered when I visited the shop in Kyoto a few years ago. I don’t know if Konaka-San is taking orders anymore as I believe the last few years he’s only been making runs for individual shops. Tbh while I love that I have a pair, I prefer my TWC pairs simply cause they’re a wider fit. I’m glad I have the CSF as sort of a ‘grail‘ item but they fit slimmer than I prefer.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of CSF M-46 denim that I ordered when I visited the shop in Kyoto a few years ago. I don’t know if Konaka-San is taking orders anymore as I believe the last few years he’s only been making runs for individual shops. Tbh while I love that I have a pair, I prefer my TWC pairs simply cause they’re a wider fit. I’m glad I have the CSF as sort of a ‘grail‘ item but they fit slimmer than I prefer.

Interesting. I see models listed on his site (for $600+), so I was assuming he still did custom orders. What shops is he producing for? I know Forty Niners sells One Piece of Rock but only in-store and there's the Cushman collab. There was also a Westside 48 collab.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I see models listed on his site (for $600+), so I was assuming he still did custom orders. What shops is he producing for? I know Forty Niners sells One Piece of Rock but only in-store and there's the Cushman collab. There was also a Westside 48 collab.
Konaka owns 49ers and it’s essentially the ‘house’ shop for the brand. They have their own brand of items I think they get made private labeled, but only Konaka-San does the S-series denim which is made directly by him alone. They have a few apprentices I believe making other lines under the one piece of rock label though.

I know he’s made runs of denim for Cushman, westride and Neat Style in Japan but not sure about others. When I ordered my pair direct they were like $400.. perhaps due to popularity and demand prices have gone way up.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Konaka owns 49ers and it’s essentially the ‘house’ shop for the brand. They have their own brand of items I think they get made private labeled, but only Konaka-San does the S-series denim which is made directly by him alone. They have a few apprentices I believe making other lines under the one piece of rock label though.

I know he’s made runs of denim for Cushman, westride and Neat Style in Japan but not sure about others. When I ordered my pair direct they were like $400.. perhaps due to popularity and demand prices have gone way up.

That looks to be the case. As usual I'm five years late to a trend.

I bet anyone who comes over to this thread from Superfuture thinks to themselves "n00bs" before running off to clean up baby vomit.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I bet anyone who comes over to this thread from Superfuture thinks to themselves "n00bs" before running off to clean up baby vomit.

Any grown-ass human who's gonna think "n00bs" to themselves about fuckin' PANTS... they deserve all the baby vomit.

There's no-one in the game who does not have more to learn, ourselves included.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, as novelty as they are at the end of the day it’s just jeans lol. It’s very much in the same vein that I wish I would have grabbed a pair of Roy’s before he essentially retired more for novelty sake as a one man brand.

The only niche part of CSF is that it’s legit the closest to an actual vintage pair of Levi’s but outside of that, anything from RMC, Warehouse or various repro is close enough.

illiterate

Reaction score
I've had my eye on a pair of Warehouse 1105s for a while but haven't been able to find my size. Looking at the 1100s now since my size is in stock. Would those be considered a more slim-straight silhouette compared to the 1105s?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dafuq Roy's retired?
Whats the story there?

I believe Bryceland's jeans are made by CSF, well at least my pair was. I guess you can try out that route.

I think Bryceland's is making with Pallet Life Story - which is a great shop and does excellent work.

jmiller123

Reaction score
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_5814.jpg
IMG_5842.jpg

Just got in this Flat Head type 2 jacket and not sure about it. I took a 40 which is my usual size.. something just feels slightly off. I've worn it one day so far and it's stretched a bit in the chest and arms. I just feel a slight pull at the shoulders which I'm not sure will stretch more or not. It's odd because the shoulder measurement is larger than I'm used to and as you can see, slopes a bit past where it would usually sit. I've also only ever had washed denim jackets in the past, and while this came one-washed, it's definitely not as soft as my others in the past. Maybe it just needs breaking in, not sure. Great finishing and quality though.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1630373 View attachment 1630374 View attachment 1630375

Just got in this Flat Head type 2 jacket and not sure about it. I took a 40 which is my usual size.. something just feels slightly off. I've worn it one day so far and it's stretched a bit in the chest and arms. I just feel a slight pull at the shoulders which I'm not sure will stretch more or not. It's odd because the shoulder measurement is larger than I'm used to and as you can see, slopes a bit past where it would usually sit. I've also only ever had washed denim jackets in the past, and while this came one-washed, it's definitely not as soft as my others in the past. Maybe it just needs breaking in, not sure. Great finishing and quality though.

looks good to me, feels you need to give it time to settle down, what is the weight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads